Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In a recent interview with USA Today, Dr. Dre confirmed that Detox is almost complete and we could see it by the end of the year. "I'm just now — over the last couple of months — starting to feel that it's going to be right and it's something I can be proud of, and everybody is going to love it," said the producer extraordinaire. "In a perfect world, I'm shooting for a November or December release."

How exactly did Dre almost single-handedly raise the bar for hip-hop production? He says, "I never set out to do that. I just make the music feel the way I want it to feel and I don't put it out until I'm totally happy with it. Then it does what it does."

Detox has been the subject of speculation since Dre first hinted at the project in 2002. He has been working on the album, which will be released on his Aftermath/Interscope Records label, on and off for four years. He says he has assembled a new crew of musicians, and the beats will be heavily driven by live drums. "We have an entirely new thing going with the drums that's incredible, and we're still developing that." All "the usual suspects" will make guest appearances, including Nas, Jay-Z and Lil Wayne.

It doesn't look like we should expect another album from Dre anytime soon after Detox, which has been talked about being released since 2002. "I'm going to put this record out, promote it, tour and then become a hermit. I'm going to stay in the studio and produce." The article was ended with Dre also stating that instead of working with artists who are already established, he'd rather work with someone new who would be the next big thing. "All I want to do is sit in the studio with that person for a year and try to create another masterpiece."

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eminem will most likely be on the first single off of the album to generate a buzz. I expect (seriously) 2 million sold in the first week IF the first single is what I expect.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Ya know, I've always liked nas, but I recently got his newest album untitles and I was somewhat disappointed. I liked a few songs ALOT, but about half of them I didnt care for at all. Em and Dre can't go wrong.

G

·
Ya know, I've always liked nas, but I recently got his newest album untitles and I was somewhat disappointed. I liked a few songs ALOT, but about half of them I didnt care for at all. Em and Dre can't go wrong.
Haven't heard much of Untitles yet, but I heard good and bad reports. I'm sure he'll have some good material for the Dre album though. Snoop is a cert to be on it too.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To appreciate Nas you have to really LISTEN to the lyrics. He doesn't make a lot of hyped up club bangers, but he speaks the truth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts