Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Money and Politics aside, I would love to see these boxers face each other.

Mayweather* - Cotto
Pacquiao - Guzman*
Hatton - De La Hoya*
Pavlik* - Kessler
j.Diaz* - Katsidis
Haye* - Peter

* = who I would back to win

·
Registered
175 Posts
Tyson vs Ali
Bowe vs Lewis
Mayweather vs Leonard
Hopkins vs Hagler

i cud sit here all day and come up with these things

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Tyson vs Ali
Bowe vs Lewis
Mayweather vs Leonard
Hopkins vs Hagler

i cud sit here all day and come up with these things
Ali
Lewis But Bowe would never have the cajonnes to face Lewis again
Who Cares both are con men
Hard choice I love em both OK Hagler

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yup there are alot of these fights you could come up with but if you mean in todays boxing it would be

Kessler vs Pavlik
May vs Cotto
Calz vs Rjj
Miranda vs Mayorga
Wlad vs Haye (altho i dont want it right away but in maby a year it would be great)
Wlad vs Toney ( so he could knock that idiot out)

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Yup there are alot of these fights you could come up with but if you mean in todays boxing it would be

Kessler vs Pavlik
May vs Cotto
Calz vs Rjj
Miranda vs Mayorga
Wlad vs Haye (altho i dont want it right away but in maby a year it would be great)
Wlad vs Toney ( so he could knock that idiot out)
wow Miranda Mayorga, that would be a hell of an action but Miranda would eat Mayorga alive, hes too big.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Mayweather* vs Cotto
Ricky Hatton vs Junior Witter*
Ivan Calderon* vs Ulises Solis
Miguel Cotto* vs Antonio Margarito
Miguel Cotto* vs Ricardo Mayorga
Manny Pac-Man vs Joan Guzman - Toss up
Israel Vasquez vs Rafael Marquez 4 - Toss up if I've ever seen one
Manny Pac-Man vs Juan Marquez - Toss up
Juan Diaz* vs Katsidis
Bernard Hopkins vs Roy Jones Jr 2 - Toss up
Oscar De La Hoya* vs Miguel Cotto

^ Just some off the top.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Mayweather* vs Cotto
Ricky Hatton vs Junior Witter*
Ivan Calderon* vs Ulises Solis
Miguel Cotto* vs Antonio Margarito
Miguel Cotto* vs Ricardo Mayorga
Manny Pac-Man vs Joan Guzman - Toss up
Israel Vasquez vs Rafael Marquez 4 - Toss up if I've ever seen one
Manny Pac-Man vs Juan Marquez - Toss up
Juan Diaz* vs Katsidis
Bernard Hopkins vs Roy Jones Jr 2 - Toss up
Oscar De La Hoya* vs Miguel Cotto

^ Just some off the top.
You'd pick Oscar to beat Cotto? Why?

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Mayweather-Forrest (toss up)
Pacquiao-Hatton (Hatton)
Katsidis-Casamayor 2 (Katsidis)
Taylor-Miranda (Miranda)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
You'd pick Oscar to beat Cotto? Why?
For many reasons. Oscar De La Hoya looked impressive against Mayweather. I know he lost clearly but if you put that Oscar in the ring with anybody else from 154lbs down, he'd be a huge threat to anyone else.

Something a lot of people don't talk about is how Cotto seems to be weak to the body. I've noticed this on quite a few occasions in the past and it became extremely apparent in his last fight. If I noticed it, Floyd Sr. has noticed this as well, that's for sure. Oscar's reach and equal, if not superior jab would match Cotto's. His KO power is also greater and Floyd Sr. would surely come with a masterfull gameplan.

Oscar is still one of the best in the world. He fought Mayweather with a huge layoff and made it competative. All people seem to focuss on is his last two fights and forget how he fought them. He tore Mayorga to shreds easier than the Tito did, and boxed 12 rounds with Mayweather winning at least 4 rounds on my card.

It may sound weird to read this but here goes;

Oscar De La Hoya is underrated! LOL sorry...

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Cotto-Mosley II*
Pacquiao-Marquez III*
DLH*-Cotto
Floyd*-Cotto
Margarito-Mayorga*
Calzaghe*-Jones
Judah*-Berto
Khan-Campbell*

I have a million of these...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Cotto-Mosley II*
Pacquiao-Marquez III*
DLH*-Cotto
Floyd*-Cotto
Margarito-Mayorga*
Calzaghe*-Jones
Judah*-Berto
Khan-Campbell*

I have a million of these...
Is Hatton-Witter* one of these million? I'd love to watch Witter land those slick left hooks on Hatton's face as pay-back for all those years Hatton has ducked him.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Oscar is still one of the best in the world. He fought Mayweather with a huge layoff and made it competative. All people seem to focuss on is his last two fights and forget how he fought them. He tore Mayorga to shreds easier than the Tito did, and boxed 12 rounds with Mayweather winning at least 4 rounds on my card.

With you on that De la Hoya is a severely underrated fighter, I think its because most fans see him as a business man now (Golden Boy Promotions)and forget what he brings to the table as a boxer.

De La Hoya would have to much for Cotto at this point.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
For many reasons. Oscar De La Hoya looked impressive against Mayweather. I know he lost clearly but if you put that Oscar in the ring with anybody else from 154lbs down, he'd be a huge threat to anyone else.

Something a lot of people don't talk about is how Cotto seems to be weak to the body. I've noticed this on quite a few occasions in the past and it became extremely apparent in his last fight. If I noticed it, Floyd Sr. has noticed this as well, that's for sure. Oscar's reach and equal, if not superior jab would match Cotto's. His KO power is also greater and Floyd Sr. would surely come with a masterfull gameplan.

Bodypunchers are usually a little weak to the body. However, Oscar's bodyshots aren't that good. He has a good jab but Cotto's jab is just as good and more powerful because he's a lefty. Cotto has faced quicker fighters with equal if not better defense (Judah & Mosley). Oscar has good power but Judah hits harder IMO. He doesn't fight well going backwards and Cotto is good at applying pressure. No doubt Oscar will come in the ring with a masterful plan but he always had trouble changing his gameplan throughout his fights. His corner told him to move away and protect his lead against Tito and he did it for 3 rounds straight without worrying about Tito's late surge. He let Mosley be the agressor in the rematch while countering him and it worked well until Sugar Shane stepped it up and Oscar didn't. He refused to box in the center of the ring against Floyd because he wanted to catch him against the ropes. He gave up the jab and that cost him. Oscar will always stick to his plan no matter what happens and he just can't adapt.

·
Registered
175 Posts
well for todays dream match ups lets see..

Mayweather vs Cotto(obviously)
Cotto vs Judah II(If Judah actually shows up for 12 rounds)
Mayweather vs Mosley
DLH vs Cotto
Pavlik vs Mayorga(SLUGFEST)
Jones vs Calzaghe
Pacquiao vs Hatton

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Balistik:

He has a good jab but Cotto's jab is just as good and more powerful because he's a lefty.
Are you aware that Oscar De La Hoya is also a lefty?

Cotto has faced quicker fighters with equal if not better defense (Judah & Mosley).
Are you aware that Oscar De La Hoya is a 10 time world champion comming off fights with Mayweather and Mayorga? Cotto has seen nothing in comparison to what De La Hoya has seen in the ring.

Oscar has good power but Judah hits harder IMO.
I find that hard to beleive. Judah hitting harder than Oscar? That ridiculous.

He doesn't fight well going backwards and Cotto is good at applying pressure.
He won't need to fight going back. He's the bigger man with the one punch KO power.

His corner told him to move away and protect his lead against Tito and he did it for 3 rounds straight without worrying about Tito's late surge.
You bring up the Trinidad fight? That was a robbery.

He let Mosley be the agressor in the rematch while countering him and it worked well until Sugar Shane stepped it up and Oscar didn't.
You bring up the Mosely rematch? That was another robbery.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts