Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a couple of years ago, I saw a fight on HBO (i think), and one of the guy fighting had a style they called Drunken Boxing or Drunken Fighting.. And ever since that, I been trying to find out the guy's name.. anyone know his name?? All I remember is that he was a black guy

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I remember a couple of years ago, I saw a fight on HBO (i think), and one of the guy fighting had a style they called Drunken Boxing or Drunken Fighting.. And ever since that, I been trying to find out the guy's name.. anyone know his name?? All I remember is that he was a black guy
Insert racist joke here :laugh:

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Could have been Oliver Mcall he was pretty space out when he fought Lennox Lewis...or maybe Trevor Berbick who when down three times from one mike Tyson punch......

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Then they should have call it the rapper boxer? I didn't see anything that looked drunk to me..
that guy what a trip I would never box again if some guy beat me with a style like that.
Is that allowed in the rule books can some one whoop you while doing the Hip Hop dog...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol, yup, that's the guy.. and i guess he wasnt doing a drunken style fighting, lol

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
lol, yup, that's the guy.. and i guess he wasnt doing a drunken style fighting, lol
If he'd had a good manager and team around him augustus could have been a champion. As it is many of his "losses" were home town decisions he was truly robbed on many occasions. He is almost Ali like at times just moving his head to avoid shots

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
If he'd had a good manager and team around him augustus could have been a champion. As it is many of his "losses" were home town decisions he was truly robbed on many occasions. He is almost Ali like at times just moving his head to avoid shots
But he also got beat fairly a lot times. Augustus is wasted potential.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
But he also got beat fairly a lot times. Augustus is wasted potential.
Agreed I think all he needed was a good team behind him from the start
He is like old Buck Jones " Fight anyone,anywhere,anytime"

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Agreed I think all he needed was a good team behind him from the start
He is like old Buck Jones " Fight anyone,anywhere,anytime"
He also deserves some of the blame. He wasted his talents by his own admission. Didn't always take boxing seriously.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts