Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't Oscar going a bit overboard bulking up his team like this? First it was the addition of Beristain (which many think will affect Oscar adversely), then there was word that Valero would join his camp as a sparring partner, now this. He's going to look especially bad if he loses now.

Boxing News 24 hours/day -- the #1 resource in boxing -- following Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray, Oscar De La Hoya and all your boxing favorites

87-year-old legendary trainer Angelo Dundee has been hired as a special consultant for Oscar De La Hoya joining trainer Ignacio "Nacho" Beristain in preparing the Golden Boy for his December 6th superfight with Manny Pacquiao. Dundee will review fight tapes, consult with Team De La Hoya regarding technique and strategy, visit training camp in Big Bear, California and attend fight week events. While he will consult with De La Hoya and Beristain regarding fight strategy, he will not be working the corner during the fight, leaving Beristain as the lead strategist and sole voice in the corner on fight night. "I am honored to have Angelo Dundee on my team for the biggest fight of my career," said De La Hoya. "His knowledge of the fight game is second to none, and along with Nacho Beristain, I feel like I have an unbeatable team in my corner for this fight against Pacquiao." Dundee has previously worked with 15 world champions, including Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, George Foreman, Carmen Basilio, Jose Napoles, Luis Rodriguez and Willie Pastrano.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
This has surprised me a lot. He's being very thorough with his preparation.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Isn't Oscar going a bit overboard bulking up his team like this? First it was the addition of Beristain (which many think will affect Oscar adversely), then there was word that Valero would join his camp as a sparring partner, now this. He's going to look especially bad if he loses now.

Boxing News 24 hours/day -- the #1 resource in boxing -- following Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray, Oscar De La Hoya and all your boxing favorites

87-year-old legendary trainer Angelo Dundee has been hired as a special consultant for Oscar De La Hoya joining trainer Ignacio "Nacho" Beristain in preparing the Golden Boy for his December 6th superfight with Manny Pacquiao. Dundee will review fight tapes, consult with Team De La Hoya regarding technique and strategy, visit training camp in Big Bear, California and attend fight week events. While he will consult with De La Hoya and Beristain regarding fight strategy, he will not be working the corner during the fight, leaving Beristain as the lead strategist and sole voice in the corner on fight night. "I am honored to have Angelo Dundee on my team for the biggest fight of my career," said De La Hoya. "His knowledge of the fight game is second to none, and along with Nacho Beristain, I feel like I have an unbeatable team in my corner for this fight against Pacquiao." Dundee has previously worked with 15 world champions, including Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, George Foreman, Carmen Basilio, Jose Napoles, Luis Rodriguez and Willie Pastrano.
De La Hoya is just looking sad now. It's like he's OJ Simpson and is breaking out the dream team of Lawyers...except the crime he has to beat is only threatening his wife with no foul play involved whatsoever.

Give me a break.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I don't think there's anything wrong with his camp.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
De La Hoya is just looking sad now. It's like he's OJ Simpson and is breaking out the dream team of Lawyers...except the crime he has to beat is only threatening his wife with no foul play involved whatsoever.

Give me a break.
This made me think of "The Juice" as well. :thumbsup:

Mackie Shilstone is next.
My source tells me this is true, but they are waiting to see if his co-motivational speakers Tony Robbins and Zig Ziglar approve of the move. :laugh:

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
I know Im stupid late on this...but that Pic you have Nate, that's the Pavlik "The Ghost" emblem right? or is that like a company?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know Im stupid late on this...but that Pic you have Nate, that's the Pavlik "The Ghost" emblem right? or is that like a company?
No worries man, it is the Pavlik logo. He has it tattooed on his right bicep. Just in case you were curious, the other two logos are the main emblem and alternate one for my favorite hockey team, The Carolina Hurricanes.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
yea that ive seen b4, I watch ESPN highlights although I dont really follow Hockey I love the highlights. Ive always wanted to see a game Live, I heard its the ****.

Thats a dope Logo, I really noticed it on his trunks in the replay of the Taylor or Hop fight (not sure) when I saw it on HBO and I was like, hmmm Ive seen that on that dude from Boxingforum.coms' pic :laugh:

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
This has surprised me a lot. He's being very thorough with his preparation.
Or over doing it, some thing is up, is like he really wants this fight to be seen as justifiable and legit

Give me a break.
:laugh: you would think he would need this much re-enforcement if he were to fight margarito, but Paquiao ,a lot of people here did'nt even think he needed a trainer.....

Dont see the Point of Hiring all these people if DLH gonna lose.
The guy is thinking too much and this is making him look worse, as if it was'nt bad enough all ready that he's fighting a much smaller guy...

·
Registered
246 Posts
this is just all for show !!.... but it's a show my wife & i will be at !!! still waiting for requests for t-shirts & programs.... contact... tyson/jones.... for details !! i get the good stuff from the m.g.m. grand !!! and yes we will be at the fight !!

scott from california

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.