Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on then guys show ur age here, :laugh: whats ur earlyest memories of boxing?

Mine was around the time of a primed Chris Eubank. Remembering the terrible injury Michael Watson suffered as a result of their 2nd fight.
My early memories also come from the hype that surrounded a young Lennox Lewis who just knocked out Razor Ruddock in 2 rounds.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Naseem Hamed-Tom Johnson was probably the first i watched seriously. Then i remember my dad telling me how Chris Eubank was going to get beat by this young nobody called Joe Calzaghe:laugh: I obviously didnt believe, but who would have thought 10 years later he still had that title and is now probably my favourite fighter lol.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
My first word was mama then it was dada but prob one of the first 5-7 words i learned to say were Mike tyson ^^. My dad is a boxing fanatic and ive problaby been watching boxing since i was 4 years old. And my first memory of boxing is watching Mike Tyson tapes with my dad.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
As im 16 my first memories of the sport was Rahmans first fight with lennox lewis where he knocked him out. At the time i wasnt too fussed i just knew who lennox lewis was but after that fight i propa got into following peoples careers. Tyson and lennox was great fight to watch aswell.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Well, I didn't get into boxing until about 5 or 6 years ago. But when I got into it, I really got into it. If the name boxing was even involved I would look into it or watch it. I still do. But the one of the first things I remember is when my dad and grandpa were talking about it and all of the different fighters and fights. My dad's favorite is Hagler, and my grandpa's was Pep and Marciano. Then I saw of few of their fights, and liked all of them. Then a little bit after Larry beat butterbean I started watching him, and liking him. He was also one of my dad's favorites, so he started telling me about him.

I know that wasn't an earliest memory about boxing, but it was the closest thing I had.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
my dads a massive boxing fan to so ive kinda always watched the fights as far back as i can remember.
the first fight i really remember was tyson v bruno 1, gota love big frank. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.