Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
It depends with Lewis. If he fought the Earnire Shavers that fought Ali and Holmes, and the Lewis that fought Mercer and Morrison, I would have to say... Either one KO 1-5. If Shavers hits Lewis with his cannon of a right, its over, but if Lewis fights Earnie smart, and whacks him with the uppercut a few times, it would be all over.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
tommygunn said:
george foreman and jim lampley both think lewis is the greatest HW in history.
Foreman doesn't count, he changes his mind every 2 years. On ring side George Foreman (2006) he said Ali was the greatest. He changes his choice of G.O.A.T more frequently then Bert Sugar changes his top lists.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
tommygunn said:
he must rate lewis pretty high to have put him 1 though.
I'm not really sure. He was probably getting carried away at the retirment ceramony for Lennox. Foreman has had Marciano #1, Ali #1, and now Lewis #1, he just can't make up his mind.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
White Tyson said:
I wouldn't put Lewis in The Top 10 all time greatest Heavyweights but he'd still rate higher than Earnie Shavers! :thumbsup:
If you have Shavers anywhere near your top 10 something is wrong with you list. Lewis for me, I think anywhere from 12-8 or 7 is reasonable. I think I currently have him at 10 or 11, still debating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.