Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well lately ive been starving i mean ravenous for some food because i have been watching what i eat. after my last weigh in i was 132 and im 5"8. i grew 2 inches taller but i gained about 7 pounds from my last fight. my coach says its alright because im 2 inches taller but shud i worry so much about what i eat? i stay away from saturated fat and trans, candy, fast food, ice cream all that sht ive been living off wheat bread sandwhiches and fuckign salad with protein shake. im dieing and a cheat day once a week aint cuttin it shud i been so concerned with this or is the occasional greasy meal not allowed. im still young (15 age) with 3 fights 132 lbs 5"8 tips?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Well you're young so it doesn't really matter what you eat your body will burn all of it but you suffer consequences from eating things you shouldn't while training. I'm gonna take a guess and say its because you're growing :dunno:

·
Registered
53 Posts
when ur young ur matabalism can pretty much handle anything u throw at it as long as u do regular exercise (which of course u are doing in boxing)so i wouldnt think there was much of a problem. also most people put on weight before going through a growth spot and lose most of the extra weight when things settle down. since u grew 2 inches id say thats a growth spurt.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Eat whatever you want if you're working out regularly. When I was working out 6 days a week I at greasy fast food nearly every day in high school. You won't gain a pound bro.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah i wuz about to say u jus about my size so u prolly have a high metabolism , i dun think u needa be worried about whud u eat right now , jus make sure u not over at mcdonalds pigging out a day b4 u kno u gone train

1 - 5 of 5 Posts