Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fast Eddie wins via split verdict

Eddie Chambers W12 Calvin Brock... Eddie Chambers started slowly but turned up the pressure on Calvin Brock, using hand speed and accuracy to defeat the bigger man via split decision. Chambers won the IBF heavyweight semi-final by scores of 115-113 (twice) and 113-115. Neither man was seriously hurt, but Chambers landed his stinging punches frequently enough to cause Brock's eyes to swell. In the second half of the fight, Chambers began walking Brock down, unusual for a man outweighed by more than twenty pounds. The announcement of a split decision came as a surprise, as Chambers seemed the clear winner. He gets to face Alexander Povetkin next for the IBF mandatory spot

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
this match might acutually be pretty good.

Altough Brock pretty much got humiliated against Wlad hes a good HW and Chambers is one of the most promising one so this one should be good.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
A good HW fight? Iv forgot what those are like lol i hope your right Brutus, i havent seen much of Chambers. Is he good?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I wasn't interested in this thread until I remembered that Eddie Chambers is your prospect Captain. I have only seen him fight once, but I don't remember the opponent. Any info on if this fight will be televised? Nevermind. I'm an idiot. It clearly says showtime up there^^

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah ive seen 3 fights with Chambers and he looked really impressive in all of them. Like captain said he is a undersised HW but he makes that up with solid boxing skills. But i dont think he has the tools to take out Wlad.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Good fight between 2 nobodys. I guess i'll go with Eddie.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yeah, Brock looked like total **** here. Chambers is light and punches rarely. Brock didn't get any effective punches in, but got like a total of 3 good-looking ones. Everything else missed by a mile. I don't know how good of a chance Chambers has against Povetkin, though, since Povetkin might actually be able to punch and probably won't tire like Brock.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Chambers is very solid defensively and has extremely fast hands for heavyweight. I thought the fight was good and entertaining, although Chambers admitted(and apologized) himself that he really should have picked up the pace more.

Chambers showed flashes of brilliance, but left you wanting more at the end of the fight. You can clearly see that he has excellent boxing skills as his punches were crisp and landed very cleanly. He needs to step up his work rate though and be a little more aggressive. With his defense and handspeed, he cold give ALOT of guys fits in this division.

All in all, a good win for my "Pick-your-Prospect"

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I didnt see the fight, from what i hear it was alot more clear than the scorecards suggested. Next up for Chambers in Povetkin, now Povetkin has looked mighty impressive so far and looks true world class after only 14 pro fights, how do you see a fight between the two going Captain?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I dont like it but i think Povetking will win Chambers, i havent seen the fight with Brock but ive seen a few fight with Chambers and i think Povetkin will take that one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.