Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOLLYWOOD, FL - Following his impressive fifth round stoppage of veteran Henry Porras on October 30th, super middleweight contender Edison Miranda silenced any critics who questioned whether he would still be the same fighter at 168 pounds that he was at 160. One person he didn’t silence was fellow contender Jean Pascal, who made a spectacle out of himself in calling out Miranda from ringside and in the ring after the bout.

“He’s got a lot of mouth,” said Miranda, now 29-2 with 25 KOs. “I’d like to see if he’s got the heart to match…but I doubt it.”

The unbeaten Pascal, who is ranked second in the world by the WBO and fourth by the WBC, would be an intriguing match for ‘Pantera’, who would love to physically take the Haitian-born Canadian’s rankings from him in the ring.

“Pascal was doing a lot of laughing on Tuesday. He will be crying, not laughing the next time I see him in a ring.”

Pantera returned to Puerto Rico on Wednesday to watch WBO's Tournament of Champions at the Coliseo de Puerto Rico. To his surprise Jean Pascal was also in the audience.
“I hear someone talking loud and there is Jean running his mouth. I was surprised to see this clown actually followed me back to Puerto Rico.”

The talking quickly turned ugly and both fighters tore off their shirts and got into each other’s face. Pantera had to be taken away by his people as the entire 5,000 people in the crowd chanted ‘PANTERA’.

“He is crazy to want to fight me. If this fight ever happen I will wipe that grin off his face with one right hand. Go back to Canada Jean and make the fight worth while.”

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pascal is my prospect, and I would love to see him fight Miranda. I would favor Pascal in this fight.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I would favor miranda but wouldnt mind seeing pascal win. IMO miranda knocks him out. But pascal superior speed and craft may be enough to knock miranda out. This will be a fantastic test for both.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LeedsLad said:
Damnnn, Miranda is a very risky fight to take for a relative rookie! Props if he takes this fight.
Miranda is the same way. Pascal would be his fourth undefeated opponent if they square off. Pascal can box. Miranda can't. Pascal is a freak.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
TysonJones said:
I would favor miranda but wouldnt mind seeing pascal win. IMO miranda knocks him out. But pascal superior speed and craft may be enough to knock miranda out. This will be a fantastic test for both.
i'd slightly favor miranda, but i like pascal' skills. i can easily see him beating miranda.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just see Pascal's movement being the key to this fight. I love watching Pascal fight and the Roy Jones comparisons are justified, because Pascal has a lot of the same natural talents. Is Pascal as promising as Roy Jones so far? Hell no. But is Pascal a naturally skilled boxer? Hell yes. Now may not be the time for Pascal to step in the ring with Miranda, but he will be ready very soon.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks man. I really want to see this fight. I don't know what it is, but I really see a bright future for Pascal.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep. I want to see him improve his defense two-fold before he steps in with Miranda, but I haven't seen him fight in 6 months so he may have already improved.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
he'll just need to knw how to block wide punches and a few straight rights. If pascal can take miranda's best shot, ill favor pascal for a UD.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good points Lance. I would love to see him stop Miranda. That would boost his name up to recognition. I think me, you, and Mark are the only people here who have seen him fight.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, his fights have only been on ESPN 2. He has just two fights that have been covered on a channel of any significance. I have all of his fights on my laptop, and I am very impressed. Pascal will rule 168 within 3 years.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I would love to see pascal vs miranda on espn 2 which is a huge possibilty since hbo probabley doesnt want to air miranda until he gets a few more wins in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts