Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edison "Pantera" Miranda vs Kelly "The Ghost" Pavlik

12 rounds, WBC-WBO middleweight title eliminator

May 19th 2007

Fed-Ex Forum, Memphis, TN, USA

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
WBC #1 rated middleweight Kelly Pavlik is off to Memphis tomorrow where he is getting set for "the biggest fight of my life." On Saturday, Pavlik (30-0) will take on IBF #1 rated Edison Miranda (28-1) at the Fed-Ex Forum in Memphis. Pavlik, who has trained for weeks in his hometown of Youngstown, said he prepared to take on Miranda who has a difficult style, punches hard and presents a lot of different looks during a fight. "Miranda is a big puncher with a bigger mouth," Pavlik told fight writer Joe Maxse of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer. "The way you stand up to a bully is to bully him." This will be Pavlik's second time on HBO. On Jan. 27, Pavlik had a wild, hard-hitting three-knockdown TKO 8 over Jose Luis Zertuche in Anaheim. Pavlik vs. Miranda will open the HBO telecast, followed by middleweight champion Jermain Taylor who is in a title defense against Cory Spinks.

Come on Kelly!!!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
tysonjones said:
yeah and you will see that ghost come out of his body when he is unconscious on the floor haha.
No way dude. It will go the distance with Pavlik winning a UD.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
well i think it will probabley end up goign to distnace just because thast the way boxing seems to go if you expect a knockout but i think miranda will win, pavlik recently stated he was going to try to rough up miranda, this may be bad, pavlik only hits hard on the outside, if he gets close, this is bad news for pavlik.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pavliks way to open to shots, i see miranda handling the girl rather easily, 4 round blow out.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
No way Tommy. I'm sticking to my guns on this one.
the girl will faint as soon as she see's her blood. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Nope all Mr. Edison will be seeing is the lightbulbs above him while he is on his back.
(Thomas Edison anyone?) No? Okay.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Haha nice call man:thumbsup:

First time id seen a full fight of either. I have to admit though, from the highlight packages i thought Miranda would murder him! Pavlik is a really good fighter too, hes got more to show as well because its obvious from some past fights they showed he can box too. For me, he could beat Taylor.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'm not 100% sure of Pavlik beating Taylor. I picked him against Miranda because IMO Miranda has no technical game.

·
Registered
290 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I'm not 100% sure of Pavlik beating Taylor. I picked him against Miranda because IMO Miranda has no technical game.
Miranda got destroyed. This was as good as a heavyweight championship fight.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
both these guys hit like heavyweights and this was a million times better than the last 100 heavyweight championsihp fights ive seen.

·
Registered
290 Posts
tysonjones said:
both these guys hit like heavyweights and this was a million times better than the last 100 heavyweight championsihp fights ive seen.
It was good. I saw it on YouTube. Should have watched this instead of Delahoya Maywhether.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Nahhhh you got to see the best! Lol, here they come.
FLOYD SUCKS HES A PUSSY THAT SHOULD BE A SPRINTER HE RUNS LIKE A GIRL HAHAHAHAHAH HE SHOULD GO TO TOE TO TOE WITH GUYS TWICE AS BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheeky4: :cheeky4: :laugh: :laugh:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts