Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WBA super-feather champ Edwin Valero (24-0, 24 KOs), 129.75, kept his belt as he collected another victim and extended his KO streak by demolishing Japanese challenger Takehiro Shimada (22-4-1, 15 KOs), 129.75, at 1:55 of the seventh round. Valero had swept all rounds with his aggression against the defensive challenger. In the seventh, Valero finally caught the footworker and floored him with a southpaw right hook following a strong left to the face. Referee Guillermo Perez Pineda, Panama, made a well-timed halt to the onslaught, though Shimada barely stood up with rubbery legs.

Source: Fightnews

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would love to see Pac-Valero. I think Pac stops him. But it would be explosive while it lasted.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Hozumi Hasegawa also was on the card. He knocked out his opponent in 2. I like Hasegawa a lot. He's got some crazy ass hand speed. I would love to see him fight Gerry Penalosa. That would be great.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hozumi Hasegawa also was on the card. He knocked out his opponent in 2. I like Hasegawa a lot. He's got some crazy ass hand speed. I would love to see him fight Gerry Penalosa. That would be great.
You seen the fights already? You have them? How Valero look?

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
You seen the fights already? You have them? How Valero look?
Yeah I got them. I downloaded the AVI files. I'm coverting them to DVD as we speak. I also got the Celestino Caballero-Lorenzo Parra fight. They'll be ready by the morning. Valero looked okay. His opponent had good defense. And was making him miss a lot. But Valero just doesn't stop throwing punches. And he caught hum. It was a good stoppage.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I got them. I downloaded the AVI files. I'm coverting them to DVD as we speak. I also got the Celestino Caballero-Lorenzo Parra fight. They'll be ready by the morning. Valero looked okay. His opponent had good defense. And was making him miss a lot. But Valero just doesn't stop throwing punches. And he caught hum. It was a good stoppage.
That's sweet. I'll need to check those out.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Valero/Katsidis. That would be an all out friggin war.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Katsidis takes Valero out id say.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I agree. Katsidis is the first guy that will smoke him with even harder counters.
Katsidis couldn't avoid the left hands of a past his prime Casamayor. Imagine what Valero would do to him? Katsidis wouldn't make it out the first round.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts