Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hahahaha, that ****** ass organization had to cease operations today due to "lack of funds."

·
Registered
841 Posts
:laugh::laugh::laugh:Excellent
Hopefully it will start a chain of events leading to the demise of TAPOUT and UFC.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Also saw this:

Kimbo Slice's EliteXC controversial bout with Seth Petruzelli is under investigation by the Florida State Athletic Commission.
I guess a little foul play is involved with the promoters or something. HAHA wow what a sport. Not to say boxing isn't corrupt at times but Jesus...

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Also saw this:

I guess a little foul play is involved with the promoters or something. HAHA wow what a sport. Not to say boxing isn't corrupt at times but Jesus...

Yea I heard something fishy about this fight as well.I heard taht dude witht the pink hair was paid off not to take Kimbo to the ground, and I also heard Kimbo didn't want to fight and he threw the fight.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Wow........

They had a spot on CBS and Showtime, but still went belly up. Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn:laugh:. Any links?
Can't believe CBS don't give boxing more of a chance.

It's questionable whether it's a sport when it's just being fixed. LOL! :laugh:

Thank god. Hopefully SHO2 will stop showing replays of this crap now and keep up with the replays of boxing.
Hopefully.

·
Registered
326 Posts
:laugh::laugh::laugh:Excellent
Hopefully it will start a chain of events leading to the demise of TAPOUT and UFC.
Well that's pretty lame. I guess your comments show just how threatened you are by MMA.

And good luck to you sir, as the UFC is worth over a billion dollars and isn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
This is a good thing for the sport of MMA, elite XC was a disgrace to that sport, i hope UFC picks up some of the GOOD fighters(Kimbo not included)

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'd like to see Kimbo on The Ultimate Fighter. Why not? They are usually a bunch of newbies on there and he would draw ratings. Makes sense to me. :dunno:

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Can't believe CBS don't give boxing more of a chance.

It's questionable whether it's a sport when it's just being fixed. LOL! :laugh:

Hopefully.
If they did, boxing would get way better ratings then EliteXC ever got. Like Sparta said, it was Jared Shaw who was at the head of that, speaks volumes about boxing promoters and their practices.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea I heard something fishy about this fight as well.I heard taht dude witht the pink hair was paid off not to take Kimbo to the ground, and I also heard Kimbo didn't want to fight and he threw the fight.
The first part is correct.
I'd like to see Kimbo on The Ultimate Fighter. Why not? They are usually a bunch of newbies on there and he would draw ratings. Makes sense to me. :dunno:
Kimbo sucks though. He would draw ratings because for some reason people like this guy.
If they did, boxing would get way better ratings then EliteXC ever got. Like Sparta said, it was Jared Shaw who was at the head of that, speaks volumes about boxing promoters and their practices.
Agreed.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't know if Boxing would get better ratings or not. I mean, what are we basing that conclusion on? MMA has been consistantly drawing more viewers, it is drawing more of that 18-30 year old age group than practically any sport, and despite Kimbo not having even journeyman skills in MMA he is still a huge draw. He would be a huge draw if he was Boxing too. For some reason people like him.

So to suggest that just having Boxing on would outdraw EliteXC (which I wasn't really a fan of) seems to be pure speculation to me, and a biased one at that. I mean, CBS isn't even bothering to consider it. That should tell you something.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Great point. I would love to see him on TUF. I only watch it when I know one of the fighters on there or I likes the coaches. A lot of people would turn out for that. As much as I smash Dana White hes not the kind of guy who would pick Kimbo up just for ratings. TUF is a good way to test him out first if I were Dana.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
For sure. EliteXC sucked big time.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.