Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just though I'd give you guys a heads-up that this saturday EliteXC is going to be the first MMA Organization to hit prime-time TV.

A night of fights including

Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson

Robbie Lawler defending his title against heavy handed challenger Scott Smith

and Joey Villasenor vs. New York Bad-Ass Phil Baroni

All fights should be stand-up battles

If you're not doing anything this should be a GREAT event that I'm sure any open minded boxing fan could enjoy. All 3 of these fights I can guarantee will be stand-up wars.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Should be decent altho i dont really like Kimbo, i still think he will beat James "glass jaw" Thompson

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Haha well when he faces somone who is actually a mma fighter (James is the first but he sucks) he will get knocked out for sure :D Hes a pussy compared to some of those mofos out there.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Eh Im not sure. It would be a hell of a fight though. In a straight street fight I gotta give it to my man Kimbo but in the octagon who knows.
I think Brock beats that ass. By the way what's up with Melanie? Hook up that address.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Fukk Kimbo. That guy is an overgrown primate who would get stopped in 30 seconds in a boxing ring. I'll watch and hope he gets his ass beat, but I'm sure he's in with another bum.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
How come Kimbo was in the ring with Alfred Angulo's and Andre Dirrell's people before their fights? Maybe he's showing his face in boxing fights to set up something big. I heard he was in talk to fight Tyson.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Maybe they have the promoter i think Gary Shaw promotes Kimbo.There was talk of him fighting Tyson but i don't see it happening.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Tyson would stop his lame ass in 30 seconds even at this point.
I agree. But the main thing is as long as Kimbo is signed with EliteXc/Pro Elite, they are going to keep feeding him easy opponents. For two main reasons 1 because the crowds at most Live MMA events aren't even true fans of the sport but more or less drunk idiots who crave knockouts rather than a true fan of the sport who can appreciate all aspects of it. Kimbo delivers knockouts and as long as they can feed him easy opponents it's not going to be any different.

Secondly, Kimbo is a very big name right now and that name draws in the money. As long as people see Kimbo on a card, no matter who his opponent is people are going to pay to see it

But he'll no doubt beat James Thompson. Who is a roided up oaf with a sheet glass jaw.

I'd love to see Kimbo fight Aleksander Emelianenko

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I agree. But the main thing is as long as Kimbo is signed with EliteXc/Pro Elite, they are going to keep feeding him easy opponents. For two main reasons 1 because the crowds at most Live MMA events aren't even true fans of the sport but more or less drunk idiots who crave knockouts rather than a true fan of the sport who can appreciate all aspects of it. Kimbo delivers knockouts and as long as they can feed him easy opponents it's not going to be any different.

Secondly, Kimbo is a very big name right now and that name draws in the money. As long as people see Kimbo on a card, no matter who his opponent is people are going to pay to see it

But he'll no doubt beat James Thompson. Who is a roided up oaf with a sheet glass jaw.

I'd love to see Kimbo fight Aleksander Emelianenko
Great post and I agree with all of what I embolded man.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Ya know what? Fukk it. I'm watching this shitt tonight. There's no basketball, boxing, or any reason to hit the club. I'm going to watch some MMA tonight.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Count me in too. Chuck liddel fights as well, and since kimbo and liddel both have stand up games, I may like it tonight.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts