Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you happened to miss the event last night. Be sure to check out the encore

this teusday at 9:30pm on Showtime East

Every fight on the card was excellent 4 fights 3 knockouts and 1 decision.

I'm not going to spoil the fights but if you didn't see it check it out on Tuesday the 19th @ 9:40pm.

I think any boxing fan could appreciate the fights. Lots of Leather thrown in these fights and 3 awesome knockouts.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Maybe now they'll put Kimbo in with someone who actually will put up a fight. Not these over the hill guys who just want a quick payday.

I still think that someone with a very good ground attack can take him out, but its tough to say for sure since he hasn't really fought anyone substantial yet...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Absolutely anyone with a good ground attack would take Kimbo out. They are doing the right thing by slowly building and molding Kimbo. He is EliteXC's biggest star, and to put him in with someone who will expose his novice ground game this soon would be disasterous.

The smart way to build him is to make sure he is getting his ground training in, and continue to match him up with guys who will throw leather with him, yet still have recognizable names. Tank was a wise move.

His next match should be an MMA fight with Sean Gannon, to rematch his street loss. That will sell. After that, give him someone like James "The Colossus" Thompson. After that, upgrade to someone like Don Frye, Justin Eilers, "Cabbage", etc. If he has won all of those then aim much higher but still aim to stay within a style match up that favors him. Such as pitting him against Paul Buentello. If he wins that then give him a shot against a grappler like Ricco Rodriguez.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I think a match against Butterbean would be AWESOME, in a funny way. And im gonna go on record and say that Butterbean would knock Kimbo the **** out

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
It was fun to watch kimbo against tank, It wasnt to bad watching a guy who just wanted to use his fist. it only last 43 seconds so i watched it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why do these guys have names like wrestlers? Does WWE own this? Slice and Tank.
No Gary Shaw who also does SHowtime boxing owns it.

Kimbo's Real name is Kevin Ferguson. I don't know why they call him Kimbo Slice

After Tank Abbot did his time in the early days of the UFC he went into pro wrestling for a while in WCW, a now defunct oragnization after it was bought out by WWE.

His real name is David Abbot "tank" is the nickname given because he has very heavy hands.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Not to be racist or seem that way but kevin ferguson sounds like a white persons name, just by heritage, nothing wrong with it. But I think Kevin wanted a more streetable and marketable name. Much like joe louis barrow. He dropped his last name for marketability issues.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not to be racist or seem that way but kevin ferguson sounds like a white persons name, just by heritage, nothing wrong with it. But I think Kevin wanted a more streetable and marketable name. Much like joe louis barrow. He dropped his last name for marketability issues.
He got the nickname Kimbo when he was 13 or 14.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts