Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who can forget his awesome Friday Night Fights war with Micky Ward? Well, I saw that he just won himself a "title" yesterday in Australia, so I thought I'd pass that great news on to you guys. He took on Jakkirt Suwunnalirt and with a 2nd round KO, he became the WBO Oriental welterweight champ. Yep, with that win his pristine record now stands at 38-29 (20 KO). Geez...

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
EA would have had a better record if he didnt go to everyones hometown because of it he is like Glen Johnson, in that he has been screwed more than once. I saw him beating Ward in their fight, though it was close the judges had te final score like it wasnt. He's taken a bunch of head shots to a point where one would be worried about his health. For all these years giving exciting fights, he deserved some type of an award or recognition, best journeyman or toughest SOB or best fighter in the opponent role. WBO Oriental welterweight champ sounds just as good though

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good for him. The true definition of a fighter.
No doubt man, I just couldn't believe his record. I remembered it being bad when he fought Ward, but I believe he's lost eleven or so fights since then. He's approaching that magical .500 winning percentage.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Who can forget his awesome Friday Night Fights war with Micky Ward? Well, I saw that he just won himself a "title" yesterday in Australia, so I thought I'd pass that great news on to you guys. He took on Jakkirt Suwunnalirt and with a 2nd round KO, he became the WBO Oriental welterweight champ. Yep, with that win his pristine record now stands at 38-29 (20 KO). Geez...
Thats great to hear because Augustus is the kind of fighter that epitomises boxing. Call him give him a chance to get there and he'll come and fight ANYONE ANYWHERE!!!!!! His 29 losses include many many home town decisions given against him. If he'd had good management from the start he had the talent to be a champion

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Thats great to hear because Augustus is the kind of fighter that epitomises boxing. Call him give him a chance to get there and he'll come and fight ANYONE ANYWHERE!!!!!! His 29 losses include many many home town decisions given against him. If he'd had good management from the start he had the talent to be a champion
Yeah I agree he could have been a great fighter had he met the right people and fulfilled his potential.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Fukk Augustus. The guy is a fukking joke. He had so much talent. He could of being great. But he never took the sport seriously. He said it himself. He goes through the motions in his fights and than cries he got robbed afterwards. I got 32 Augustus fights. He got screwed in 2. That's it. Another reason I got no respect for that biitch is cuz he threw the Allan Vester fight. He lost on purpose. There is no doubt about it. How can anybody like this clown?

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Fukk Augustus. The guy is a fukking joke. He had so much talent. He could of being great. But he never took the sport seriously. He said it himself. He goes through the motions in his fights and than cries he got robbed afterwards. I got 32 Augustus fights. He got screwed in 2. That's it. Another reason I got no respect for that biitch is cuz he threw the Allan Vester fight. He lost on purpose. There is no doubt about it. How can anybody like this clown?
Just watch some of those 32 fights you got :laugh::laugh:

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
You sound like a former fan who got fed up with him. He gave us exciting fights so we should give him credit for that. But there's no excuse for not taking the sport seriously. Another waste of talent.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
You sound like a former fan who got fed up with him. He gave us exciting fights so we should give him credit for that. But there's no excuse for not taking the sport seriously. Another waste of talent.
Exactly :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I got no respect for a guy that takes a dive. Never will. Fukk him.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
That's me. I use to be a big Augustus fan. Loved his style. Always use to defend him when Gerald talked shiit about him. And believe me he talked a lot of shitt about him. But than he showed me the Vester fight. And I just can't defend him no more.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Its amazing to me You call EA a waste of talent yet you STILL try to find excuses for fraud mayweather. If ever there waqs a waste of talent its him

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
That's me. I use to be a big Augustus fan. Loved his style. Always use to defend him when Gerald talked shiit about him. And believe me he talked a lot of shitt about him. But than he showed me the Vester fight. And I just can't defend him no more.
It was that bad, I'ma have to catch that.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Its amazing to me You call EA a waste of talent yet you STILL try to find excuses for fraud mayweather. If ever there waqs a waste of talent its him
He's 39-0 not 38-29. He trains seriously for every single fight. Unlike Augustas. And he's never failed a drug test like Augustas. And he's won title in multiple weight classes. How many has Augustas won? None. So who really is the waste of talent?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I never once called you a hater or said any thing about your comments. But this is just bad. You call Mayweather a waste of talent. But defend Augustas? I'm speechless

1 - 20 of 37 Posts