Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to congragulate Enzo on his fantastic win against Wayne Braithwaite yesterday, I feel Braithwaite was a good step up in class for Enzo and he did a fantastic job on him. I hope this finally puts the critics of him to bed, he has everything, not just a left hook. For me Maccarinelli and David Haye are the best two in the division, and either of them could make a huge impact at heavyweight. It's also rumoured that he may be on the undercard of Calzaghe Kessler, which would be fantastic, I'd pay to see Maccarinelli as a main event!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
SouthLondonLad said:
I just wanted to congragulate Enzo on his fantastic win against Wayne Braithwaite yesterday, I feel Braithwaite was a good step up in class for Enzo and he did a fantastic job on him. I hope this finally puts the critics of him to bed, he has everything, not just a left hook. For me Maccarinelli and David Haye are the best two in the division, and either of them could make a huge impact at heavyweight. It's also rumoured that he may be on the undercard of Calzaghe Kessler, which would be fantastic, I'd pay to see Maccarinelli as a main event!!
HAHA Enzos wicked fighter :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
A unification bout with IBF champion Steve Cunningham should be on the undercard. It should be another step up, but Macca is becoming a very good boxer/puncher with an awesome stiff jab so i think he will improve alot.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
LeedsLad said:
A unification bout with IBF champion Steve Cunningham should be on the undercard. It should be another step up, but Macca is becoming a very good boxer/puncher with an awesome stiff jab so i think he will improve alot.
Yes i think Enzos got that fight anyway maybe a move up to heavyweight in the next yr or 2.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
its rumoured in todays daily sport...lol that if haye takes out mormeck there will be unification between haye and mac.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Big Mac was absolute awesome Saturday, hes reeping the awards since joining forces with Enzo Calzaghe. Did anyone see fellow welshman Gavin Rees beat Souleymane M'baye for the WBA lightwelter title? Another good fighter from the Calazaghe Newbridge stable.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
thepowerdavies said:
Big Mac was absolute awesome Saturday, hes reeping the awards since joining forces with Enzo Calzaghe. Did anyone see fellow welshman Gavin Rees beat Souleymane M'baye for the WBA lightwelter title? Another good fighter from the Calazaghe Newbridge stable.
Yeh he seems pretty awsome very quick hands fights like the calzaghe team. Im not reli sure weather he can handle the big boys tho tbh with u. I think he is a good fighter tho.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Superb performance by Enzo, he stuck to a gameplan and executed it. Braithwaite was a very good challenge for him and Enzo put in a dominating desplay against one of the top Cruisers in the World.

Gavin Rees fought a fighter believed to be 2 to 3 steps up in class and dictated the fight and basically outpunched M'Baye - great performance by Rees who hopefully we'll see defend the title on the Calzaghe bill.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
WelshDevilRob said:
Superb performance by Enzo, he stuck to a gameplan and executed it. Braithwaite was a very good challenge for him and Enzo put in a dominating desplay against one of the top Cruisers in the World.

Gavin Rees fought a fighter believed to be 2 to 3 steps up in class and dictated the fight and basically outpunched M'Baye - great performance by Rees who hopefully we'll see defend the title on the Calzaghe bill.
I think he will definatly be on the undercard November 3rd. That card could shape up to be a classic with Joe v Kessler, Enzo v winner of Mormeck/Haye?, Gavin Rees defending, Amir Khan :thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
thepowerdavies said:
I think he will definatly be on the undercard November 3rd. That card could shape up to be a classic with Joe v Kessler, Enzo v winner of Mormeck/Haye?, Gavin Rees defending, Amir Khan :thumbsup:
u know what davies.

the first thing i said to my mate after the rees win was khan would fancy his chances against rees, aparently m'biaye and khan are stable mates and amir is giving him absolute nightmares in sparring.

amir may push warren into a fight with rees sometime in the next year i think.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
tommygunn said:
u know what davies.

the first thing i said to my mate after the rees win was khan would fancy his chances against rees, aparently m'biaye and khan are stable mates and amir is giving him absolute nightmares in sparring.

amir may push warren into a fight with rees sometime in the next year i think.
I think its an interesting fight but amirs way to skillfull.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Amir Khan has potential to be a superstar. Hopefully he has solid leadership.
There are doubts over his chin, he got put on his backside by a blown-up 130 fighter with 8 KOs in 29 fights. Outside of that though there isnt much to worry about, hes 20 years of age and all other problems will be solved with hard work in the gym within the next couple of years.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts