Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
David Diaz vs. Erik Morales,

August 5 - 12 rounds - Rosemont, Ill ( HBO PVV )

for Diaz's WBC lightweight title;

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope morales wins and then retires becasue there is no way he beats casamayor, at least not at his age anymore. I think he will be able to knock diaz out if the right morales shows up but i think its time for him to step down after this.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I dont know really. The Morales against Pacman just looked fucked, i couldnt tell whether it was his age or what.. he just looked weird. I think he could be good against Diaz, but id fancy Casamayor to handle him pretty easily.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
That would be a good fight. I dont think it would reach the heights of previous fights in their trilogy, but they would raise there game that one level extra if they were fighting each other. I think Barrera has more left in the tank though.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think barrera may have moer left, its hard to judge when your fighting a guy like pacquiao at his best. i thought morales did pretty good for the first 3 founds in their last fight, at least until he got tko'ed

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
after watching some of david diaz, im gonna go with morales on this one and then i think he should either retire or jump up to 140 and fight malignaggi.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Man, i think Malignaggi would outbox Morales pretty easily at this point. IF Morales could make it toe to toe then maybe he has a shot. I think Morales will win this fight, and then probably fight Casamayor lol

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
most likely yea, but casa isnt gonna get hatton or and he'll half to come up to 140 to fight mali.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Well, there was a rematch clause in his Ndou fight and it seems Ndou likes his chances:confused:

Morales is looking to become the first ever Mexican fighter to have won titles in four divisions i believe.

·
Registered
270 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Well, there was a rematch clause in his Ndou fight and it seems Ndou likes his chances:confused:
Ndou seems to think the Refs quick breaks cost him the Fight,unfortunately we're going to have to see a repeat to convince him Malinaggis simply faster hand and foot. Hope they get this one out of the way quickly,so we can move forward.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Malignaggi should get it out of the way quickly so he can get on with his career.

As for this fight, il be hoping for a resurgance from Morales. After the 3 wars with Barrera and Pacman though i think hes done. I still say Erik wins this in unconvincing fashion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sadly, Diaz will beat Morales and then Morales will finally take a serious thought about retiring. It's sad that he is taking this fight because he will not beat David Diaz :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts