Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ESPN has announced that it will not renew the boxing reality series "The Contender" for a third season. After a year on NBC, the series was picked up by ESPN for two seasons. The Contender's Executive Producer Jeff Wald is hoping to put together a fourth season with an unnamed network. The season three finale between Sakio Bika and Jaidon Codrington is widely considered to be the highlight of the series. Bika won the season three tourney in a sensational fight-of-the-Year candidate bout. Other Contender champions were Sergio Mora (season one) and Grady Brewer (season two).

ABOUT TIME

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
ESPN has announced that it will not renew the boxing reality series "The Contender" for a third season. After a year on NBC, the series was picked up by ESPN for two seasons. The Contender's Executive Producer Jeff Wald is hoping to put together a fourth season with an unnamed network. The season three finale between Sakio Bika and Jaidon Codrington is widely considered to be the highlight of the series. Bika won the season three tourney in a sensational fight-of-the-Year candidate bout. Other Contender champions were Sergio Mora (season one) and Grady Brewer (season two).

ABOUT TIME
i hope it makes it back to another network personally. with some modifications to the format of course.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I hate to admit it but The Contender couldn’t compete with The Ultimate Fighter. I have watched every season of each and I just think TUF is a better show and put together much better than The Contender. This season on TUF they brought 32 guys on and only 16 made it so everyone had to fight and win to make it on. Great concept.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If they put it back on it definantly needs to be reformated.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Yup I read about this yesterday and well.. It needs something more to make it more interesting, and hopefully they will get another network

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Good news.

It wasn't fair on the fighters who were taking part in it. Theres been some good fighters came out that show been labaled jokes all because they took part in it.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats because the fights looked like they werent real. It looked like a movie.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
If they are going to do it they need to do a heavyweight one so they can be very weightclass specific.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If they are going to do it they need to do a heavyweight one so they can be very weightclass specific.
You right about that 1

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I never liked the show anyways. What bothered me the most was that they didn't have actual contenders on them. Well, for the most part.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I thought last season WAS season 3.?

The show sucked, and they couldn't even keep the results a secret. I don't want to see the boxer's family and shiit. I don't want to see SLOW-MOTION!!! I want a clock displayed at all times. I could go on and on. This is a good thing.

·
Registered
216 Posts

ABOUT TIME

I know I'm not supposed to cux but ****!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I thought last season WAS season 3.?

The show sucked, and they couldn't even keep the results a secret. I don't want to see the boxer's family and shiit. I don't want to see SLOW-MOTION!!! I want a clock displayed at all times. I could go on and on. This is a good thing.
Yea what';s up with the slow mo and shit? Yea thats the only down side to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts