Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ibragimov-Holyfield on PPV!

Monday, August 27 2007

The October 13th clash in Moscow between unbeaten WBO heavyweight champion Sultan Ibragimov and legendary four-time heavyweight king Evander Holyfield will be televised from Moscow, Russia via pay-per-view. There were negotiations to televise the bout on ESPN Classic, but no deal could be reached. With just a month and a half to go, Ibragimov and Holyfield will leave their respective camps for a day on Thursday to attend a press event in New York City.Tickets, priced from just over $10 (300 rubles) to $3,000 (75,000 rubles). There are also a limited number of VIP tickets available. Tickets may be ordered by calling +7 (495) 228-0418 or +7 (495) 643-1825, or by visiting БилетнаÑ� программа or Ëåäîâûé äâîðåö. Fans outside of Russia can also purchase tickets by calling Seminole Warriors Boxing at 954-985-1155 or visiting Seminole Warriors Boxing. This historic heavyweight title bout is presented by Seminole Warriors Boxing, Golden Boy, Golden Grain Promotions, Main Events, Yuri Federov Sports Lab, Real Deal Promotions and Sampson Lewkowicz in association with Nafta Moskva and the Seminole Tribe of Florida.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I hope Holyfield loses. I don't care ATM if he wins he brings the title back to the USA. I simply don't like Holyfield. I hope he gets beat from ring post to ring post.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
sultans an animal in the ring, evander is gonna take a major beatdown in this fight, his heart for a fight may even see him get seriously hurt!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
How could anybody not love Holyfield. Guy has more heart than most any fighter I've ever seen. What I hate is that he's still fighting, and it's just sad now. He's gonna have problems down the road for sure.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Rayman said:
How could anybody not love Holyfield. Guy has more heart than most any fighter I've ever seen. What I hate is that he's still fighting, and it's just sad now. He's gonna have problems down the road for sure.

Well, for one, he's an extremely dirty fighter. He's worse than Tyson is at times. His head is a 3rd arm for him. Also, Ive seen about 3-5 guys with just as much, or more heart than him. I will give him this though, if you pay to see him fight, then 95% of the time you will get your money's worth out of him.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Holyfield is dirtier then tyson? No Comment...:cheeky4:

HOLYFIELD IS THE MAN!

If he can still be alive after the bowe fights then he gets an A+ in my book.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, but ESPN was putting up big numbers in efforts to snatch this fight. They have tried to land the rights to Holyfield's upcoming fights like lunatics. They even showed the replay of the Holyfield vs Savarese fight three days later on Classic. I think that ESPN believes in Holyfield's "resurrection," and they want on the gravy train. Also, Holyfield represents a possible re-emergenge of the heavyweight division if he is indeed able to unify the titles. It would certainly generate more mass popularity if that quest was shown on basic cable like ESPN rather than through PPV. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Reed422 said:
Holyfield is dirtier then tyson? No Comment...:cheeky4:
At times, yes. The way he uses his head more than his fists. He's gotten 2-3 stoppages because he butted someone and they got cut, so he just opened it up more with punches.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
LeedsLad said:
I hope Holyfield gets beaten badly, cause thats the only way hes going to retire.

I hope he gets beaten badly, that way I get to watch him get beat up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts