Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Espn News just confirmed that vargas's true reason for pulling out of the fight with mayorga earlier this year was that he was 100 pounds over weight. I take this as sarcasm and they probabley they just mean he was overweight. I hope vargas can get into shape and im actually a little glad that espn even commented on it because its not even the 6th biggest fight to happen pretty soon.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I think most people knew this, but its nice that they come out and expose Vargas. 100lbs over the weight sounds alot man, i dont think its possible to lose 10lbs in the time hes got now so thats gotta be an exaggeration.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is that movie any good. Yeah he has looked heavyset but he looked about 180 or so at all the press conference. so he may of been 10 to 20 pounds overweight but not 100, i think we all know that.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
TysonJones said:
you encourage people to give up? shows what kind of person you are.
Are you serious I know you're not saying that im the type to give up. I just dont want to see the boys head swell up to the size of a watermellon again because hes to slow to protect his face. I know its a contact sport but have some heart for these people because they are real people like you and I are. He has a family and im sure he wants to be able to talk to them and have them understand what he is saying.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
he's fighting to support his family, i understand what you mean now though, it is his time to hang it up, but you dont take on a challenge that you cant come through in. And you definently dont take a challenge that you cant even compete in because your to lazy to train.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
TysonJones said:
he's fighting to support his family, i understand what you mean now though, it is his time to hang it up, but you dont take on a challenge that you cant come through in. And you definently dont take a challenge that you cant even compete in because your to lazy to train.
Thats my point thats why he needs to hang it up. Its seems like he dont know its time. He cant even get through the training.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
prettyboywho, I agree completely, if your a professional in this sport save the constant binge eating after you retire. Having to cancel or reschedule a fight because your too fat is pathetic and rude to everyone else on the rest of the card. Especially when your making millions on the fight like Vargas. If boxing is your only job be a man and take it serious, whether it's your first or last fight.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
ItalianBull said:
prettyboywho, I agree completely, if your a professional in this sport save the constant binge eating after you retire. Having to cancel or reschedule a fight because your too fat is pathetic and rude to everyone else on the rest of the card. Especially when your making millions on the fight like Vargas. If boxing is your only job be a man and take it serious, whether it's your first or last fight.
And thats why he needs to hang it up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts