Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eubank stated in an interview with a UK tabloid during the week he'd be willing to comeback for a mega fight with Roy Jones.

This i would love to see. :cheeky4:

·
Registered
119 Posts
What's prompted Eubank to try and get back in the ring now... apart from the bankruptcy :laugh: This would be interesting, but eubank wouldn't last 3 rounds. He's so far past his prime it's not funny. What is it with old guys getting back in the ring? Azumah Nelson is not only fighting Jeff Fenech, but also wants julio cesar chavez (the original) to fight him. Seriously how do all these people lose all their money so quickly?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This will all be about money, your right.

Jones would win but he wouldn't destroy Chris even 41. Chris has one of the best chins ive ever seen.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are you going to the fight Tommy???????I get the feeling your not allowed to start Hatton threads on this forum.Not even a thread about the biggest grossing fight in british boxing history.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you going to the fight Tommy???????I get the feeling your not allowed to start Hatton threads on this forum.Not even a thread about the biggest grossing fight in british boxing history.
Nah mate. ive ordered it off Sky.

Should be a cracker, good to see you back. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Jones wins Eubank rather easily prime vs prime so he shouldnt have problems with him today ^^

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
That fight would make about 10 million stateside and about 50 million the other side of the pond. Might be worth Jones time.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Id pay.

It would be worth seeing the ring strut and rope jump one last time.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Eubank looks way outshape from the most recent pics iv seen. I would probably watch but id be surprised if Eubank could still make the rope jump, never mind box 12 rounds:laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chris opponed the sports bar where i drink sometimes a couple of years ago he looked in good shape back then Tom.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Really? I thought he looked very overweight last time i saw him. It was in one of the papers, i will try dig it up see what you think.
I guess he's been on the fish suppers since his divorce last year. ;)

·
Registered
830 Posts
eubank wouldn't last 3 rounds.
Eubank has a chin made of granite.

If that guy was a hundred years old he still wouldn't get knocked out by anyone in his weight class.

A stoppage is the worst that could ever happpen to him no matter who he faced.

This is meaningless rubbish on his part about a fight of course, but Roy Jones ducked him throughout his career so I would expect the same now...

Roy Jones Ducks Chris Eubank and Nigel Benn even if they are sat in pyjamas on comfortable couches with cups of tea.:p:p

Maybe if they became postmen or police men or butchers they might get a look in?

·
Registered
119 Posts
He did have a chin of granite, but time slows the reflexes, and even if he wasn't knocked out i think jones if he wanted to (which he may not do as he doesn't tend to go for the knockout any more) could probably throw at will to force the ref to stop it.

This isn't to say in their primes it would be the same, i think eubank was great back in the day, and would definitely have lasted the distance, but it's been a while. I wouldn't completely write it off tho, look at Nelson Fenech 3.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts