Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
100 million blown!

Evander has missed his last two child support payments and is also in court for not being able to pay builders $500,000 for work carried out on his 1sq mile estste.

Holyfield is so desparate from a thrid Tyson fight he has called both HBO and Tyson screaming for a final bout.

Cant post source so find it you lousy bums!!! remind me of 98% Roy Jones opponents!

G

·
Jesus Christ! Not another ATG that can't manage his cash.

Tyson-Holyfield III will now be the most competitive of the trilogy :rolleyes:

G

·
jesus, after i read evanders book i thought he was a fairly clever bloke with his money, well he always said he was, infact he even mentioned how so many blow there money and how daft they were. ill have to buy another copy of your book evander

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
the thing is, with business men who have worked their way from from being poor to rihc, the money can take eyars to be turning it into millions. they understand it's ahrd and are always more wary of what they do with their cash. they invest it into something hoping to seek the rewards. if their venture fails then atleast it was a risk worth taking. a lot of musicians and boxers get money in bulk. for example 3 or 4 mil a fight. it's not day by day. i am guessing they have a mentality of okay i got 3 mil for that fight so i don't mind spending 5 mil on that yacht. so my theory is, they get it on a big bundles and spend it the same.

or it's just the brain damage. lol

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I heard Muhammad Ali gave Joe frazier $5 million last year because he heard Frazier was broke.
Hadnt heard that one, but it sure sounds like something Ali would do.
After Ali fought in germany many years ago the referee of the fight Teddy Waltham had his pocket picked. He lost all his ref fees,I think it was 2,500 pounds, which he'd taken in cash. Someone told Ali about it . He immediately inquired how much 2,500 pounds was in dollars, got the cash and handed it to Teddy. Ali said " That ref worked hard in the fight he deserved his money" Great guy Ali

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hadnt heard that one, but it sure sounds like something Ali would do.
After Ali fought in germany many years ago the referee of the fight Teddy Waltham had his pocket picked. He lost all his ref fees,I think it was 2,500 pounds, which he'd taken in cash. Someone told Ali about it . He immediately inquired how much 2,500 pounds was in dollars, got the cash and handed it to Teddy. Ali said " That ref worked hard in the fight he deserved his money" Great guy Ali

You know ive watched Ali for 15yrs but it really wasnt until i heard Hopkins crap pre Calzaghe i realised how the mind games would work, Ali did it the best and would be very intimidating no doubt. The best at it, infact i never heard him swear until the 3rd Norton fight when on the mics close to the ring you can hear him really swear and say some nasty stuff.

I guess he did it throughout just couldnt pick it up until 76.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
You know ive watched Ali for 15yrs but it really wasnt until i heard Hopkins crap pre Calzaghe i realised how the mind games would work, Ali did it the best and would be very intimidating no doubt. The best at it, infact i never heard him swear until the 3rd Norton fight when on the mics close to the ring you can hear him really swear and say some nasty stuff.

I guess he did it throughout just couldnt pick it up until 76.
ali played some mind games. he was neevr really serious. i mean when he stepped up to foreman on the tv show and was jabbing the air and talking and moving up and down he was toying with foreman. forearm was standign up in a postion to hit ali. it was funny as hell. if mind games work then the person no longer acts as a professional boxer. they act on their dislike of the person and go for the ko.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Have you guys seen his house? This doesn't surprise me. I figured something like this was going on when he kept fighting. ESPN did a segment on this today.
i had a feeling that was a big part of why he's still fighting to.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts