Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who was the overall better boxer out of Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson + Lennox Lewis?

• Evander Holyfield

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Mike Tyson

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Lennox Lewis

Votes: 9 36.0%
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking about their careers as a whole... not just their later years! I know Holyfield beat Tyson twice (the first time he was lucky... the second time... we all know what happened the second time) and Lewis beat both of them quite convincingly... but who... overall... was the better boxer out of the 3???

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
If we are talkin entire careers Lewis by far.

Not only did Lewis beat both of them he also beat every fighter he has ever fought.

Young Tyson was awesome & intimidating but once Cus was gone & he went outa control it was an average career. Was beatin badly by bums late in his career.

Holyfield had a great Cruiser career. And was a great heavyweight champ. His trilogy with Bowe was awesome. His upset win over Tyson was great.
He did lose to alot of guys & does not know when to retire. So again if we are talkin entire careers Holyfield is slightly blemishing his every fight in the last 3 years.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Lewis 150%. He beat both of them convinsingly and when they weren't exactly weak guys either.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
lewis no question, tyson could have been and id put holyfeild at #3 out of these guy's just going by what tyson acheived so young.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I agree 1 Lewis. 2 Tyson. 3 Holyfield. Thats not even the top 3 of all time either.

·
Registered
443 Posts
1. Holyfield
2. Lewis
3. Tyson - Never considered him a boxer, more of a brawler.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
tyson was excelent boxer in his youth and had great defence..

he started to look for 1 big punch to much.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Kameleon said:
1. Holyfield
2. Lewis
3. Tyson - Never considered him a boxer, more of a brawler.
Why Holyfield? He was never great just good. Lewis was great for his time. Holyfield..... No.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Who voted Holyfield? I voted Lewis. And finally who the heck voted Tyson?

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Evander Holyfield is like "THE FAMOUS NOBODY" of boxing... sure... he won a Bronxe Medal and was a champion Cruiserweight/Heavyweight PRO BOXER... but... he is like a nobody... and people don't talk of him as they do with "Ali!!!"

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
White Tyson said:
Evander Holyfield is like "THE FAMOUS NOBODY" of boxing... sure... he won a Bronxe Medal and was a champion Cruiserweight/Heavyweight PRO BOXER... but... he is like a nobody... and people don't talk of him as they do with "Ali!!!"

I am gonna have to disagree with that :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have to go with Lewis on this one.

He beat both of them and beat ever man he faced.

The only two losses he had, he advenged in a major way

He made McCall cry and he snow angeled Rahman

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lennox Lewis was a real gentleman in boxing... in a time of trash talking and such and such... here was a big Black Canadian-Britain who loved his MOMMA!

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Dr. Wisdom said:
I have to go with Lewis on this one.

He beat both of them and beat ever man he faced.

The only two losses he had, he advenged in a major way

He made McCall cry and he snow angeled Rahman
McCall cried? That really shows he can hold it in. (imagine that in sarcasm).

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Now who voted for Holyfield? If you did don't stay quiet, speak up and stick up for your pick!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
gotta agree with you bill, lewis beat all these guys.

·
Registered
29 Posts
tommygunn said:
gotta agree with you bill, lewis beat all these guys.

Lewis was in his prime when he beat them, and they were both way past there prime. Thats like saying marciano was better than louis because he beat him, or that holmes was better than ali, come on!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tyson in his prime is the best of these 3 easy and heres why I say this:

Holyfeild- Come on its obvious that this guy used steroids so in my book he should be whiped clean out of the pages of boxing.

Lewis- Overall I would say that he had the best career out of these three, but thats only because don king ruined tysons career, and holyfeild cheated by using steroids. Lewis only beat old washed up versions of tyson and holyfeild, and had he fought either of them in there prime I beleive there would be much different outcomes. Its just my opinon but this guy got beat by rahman in his prime, and that says it all.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
holyfeild lost to bowe and moorer in his prime where would lewis have lost to these guys he would have beaten them both at the same time with an arm tied round his back.

i do agree however that if lewis and tyson had met in there primes that fight could have been diffrent but they didn't, lewis was so dominating in his win over tyson and that is why i give him the slight edge.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts