Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

WBO heavyweight champion Sultan Ibragimov (22-0-1, 17 KOs) scored a workmanlike twelve round unanimous decision over four-time heavyweight champ Evander Holyfield (42-9-2, 27 KOs) on Saturday night at the Khodynka Ice Palace in Moscow, Russia. It took Ibragimov a few rounds to get untracked, but the 32-year-old champion's mobility and faster reflexes gave him a clear advantage in a surprisingly tactical fight. Holyfield's best moment came in the twelfth when he landed a big right hand, but it was too little, too late as Ibragimov retained his belt by scores of 118-110, 117-111, 117-111.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
these are 2 very good HW's fighting here, ive seen a lot of both guys and have been very impressed. i like sultan, he's got the lot and likes to go forward.

chagaev is a good come forward guy to but he has bags of skill to and demonstrated an exellant jab against 7ft monster.

i think if these russian HW's were british or american we'd be saying that the HW division was awesome.

theres a lot of very good HW's out there, they just need to start fight each other like sultan and ruslan are, hopefuly wlad can fight the winner of this bout to unify 3 of the titles.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
these gusy could be built like mike tyson and i still wouldnt care. They are both undefeated, ill give them that but the best guys either have foughtt are valuev and briggs. Come on now. Those guys are up ther ein age and are horrible specimons when it comes to conditioning. These guys are average heavyweights. Nothing special by any means though. IMO they are the first champiosn to lose their belt after maskeav does to peters.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
The only thing exciting in the HW division right now is the Holyfield comeback :D i hope he gets his title shot :D But i think Chagaev will take Sultan, Valuev wasnt that special but its impressive to beat a monster like him. And i hope the winner of this fight gives the real deal a chance :D

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah **** im so pumped for this one! I honestly belive Holyfield will win this one and become a champion one more time. Sultan was actually his best chance of winning the title cause against Peter or Wlad he wouldnt come out as the winner altoguh i would love to see him beat the fat, slow wannabe Ikebuchi nigerian guy :D.(Do you guys remember Ikebuchi? what a freaking animal so sad what happened to him hes the guy that i think would have won Lewis)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ibeabuchi was awesome!!!!!! I hated what happened to him. i doubt he'll be getting out this month. I think he deserves to stay in prison, he is pretty crazy and has mental issues but no division needs a champ like him. its sad. go holyfield.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah, it sure was and that knockout of byrd is one of my all time favorites and oen of the hardest shots i have ever seen land.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah can you imagine that punch landing on Wlad, vitali og even Lewis? That punch would had made everyone go to sleep. But if we stay on topic LETS GO HOLYFIELD!!!!!!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
byrd had a better chin than lewis and klitscko, so i'd say ibeabuchi would of got them out of there before 5 roudns was up.

go holyfield lol.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts