Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes this is ppv and probablye 150, 000 will buy it, I however will not and will get the fight otherways.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I wouldnt buy it, unless it had an amazing undercard. Holyfield has nothing more to prove in boxing, i dont understand why he keeps going.

·
Registered
318 Posts
tysonjones said:
i agree, but i have no problem with them trying to prove more.
It's pretty obvious that Holyfield looking for one last big paycheck. It appears that none of the current title holders are going to give it to him though.

I will probably buy this fight. I like both Holyfield and Savarese. The outcome is more than likeyly going to be a KO win for Holyfield. Lou has had some decent victories against inferior competition recently, same as Holyfield. My hope is that Lou can apply enough pressure to Evander so that we get to see "the real deal" dig in and start trading. Unfortunately for Lou, Evander loves it when bigger, slower, HW's just sit in front of him.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
evander has looked better to me than all the other heavy's, holyfield could of easily beat shannon briggs in his last fight. I say let him go out with a bang. I think he deserves it, because he wont be remembered as one of the great heavyweights unless he becomes a champ again, IMO.

·
Registered
318 Posts
tysonjones said:
evander has looked better to me than all the other heavy's, holyfield could of easily beat shannon briggs in his last fight. I say let him go out with a bang. I think he deserves it, because he wont be remembered as one of the great heavyweights unless he becomes a champ again, IMO.
You are so right about him being able to beat Briggs. I was really disappointed in Briggs. 273LBS!! I realize that these guys are getting bigger and bigger but at some point it takes too much energy to fuel all of that muscle and really diminishes the speed.

Do you have any ideas on why the belt holders aren't offering Evander a fight? They would get more PPV's with Evander than anybody else wouldn't they? Maybe Evander doesn't feel ready yet. I don't know. He looks ready to challenge to me and he isn't getting younger.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
holyfield is staying pretty dang active and i think wants to get comfortable in the ring again. all the champs already had dates planned out for awhile but i think holyfield has a good chance of getting a shot at chageav or ibragov, and i think he can beat both. i think he could be maskeav as well. I think klitscko maybe a little to much for holyfield at this point though.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Its probably is a very bad situation for any of the belt holders fighting Holyfield. If they win, then Holyfield is written off as shot and they get no credit. If they lose, then there just laughed at. Plus, none of them seem keen to go across to America and i cant see Holyfield fighting anywhere else.

I think he could beat Chagaev and Maskaev, would have a very good chance at Ibragimov and would probably struggle against Klitschko.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The upside to them taking on Holyfield has to be $$$$$. If I was them I would be thinking of counting my cash in retirement if I lose and if I win then I will move on to the next best thing.

I'm getting more and more excited about the fight. I hope I get to see it but I might be fighting on the same night (exhibition stuff, I'm not very good). I'm interested to see if EH can push the pace if Lou slows down in the middle rounds (if he makes it that far).

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Evander Shouldn't Be Pushed Any Farther Than 4 In This Fight!

·
Registered
318 Posts
In a way, Savarese is just a lighter punching version of Old Foreman. He doesn't have Foreman's jaw either obviously. I'm not ragging on big Lou, I certainly wouldn't trade leather with him. It's just that he is a taylor made opponent for the Real Deal. Oh well, still want to see it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts