Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Imo Holyfield has a chance against every prime great in the world. He wouldnt be the favourite in all of them but imo he has a chance against everyone, he would have trouble with Ali, Foreman(prime)and all the big ones but i would pick Evander over Louis and Marciano Evander was always great against the smaller opponents. Marianos style is simular to Tysons and i think Evander would take him. Louis was a small heavyweight and Evander could outpower him in the clinch and such.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
prime holyefied against the greats??? i regard holyfield as a great beat a prime tyson lol. Against the likes of alit, foreman, frazier, marciano he loses them all. Couldnt see him beating the oldies.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
IMO he would lose to: Ali, Marciano, Holmes, Foreman, Liston, Johnson, Dokes (prime), Louis, Dempsey, Tunney, and Lewis. He might beat Tyson, but doubtful.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
udispc said:
I'm a Holyfield fan so I'm somewhat biased . . .
He had speed, skill, heart, chin and fitness. His only real disadvantage was size. (By modern standards)
I'm not sold yet on his comeback though.

But a lot of people had speed, skill, heart, chin, and fitness. His heart was his main asset, and that won't win you a fight. IMO Holyfield stat wise is/was nothing special.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Holyfield is one of my favorites and think he is considered one of the greats but I couldnt imagine him beating Ali, Louis, Foreman, Frazier, Marciano etc...Even though he beat Tyson twice(1 by DQ) I still rank Tyson higher and would say Tyson would beat him in a best of 5 series. None the less he was a great fighter and stands above the rest of the pack besides the greats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts