Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Kind of funny you posted this. Good timing actually would be more accurate. I just picked up a pair a couple days ago. I will be doing a review on them soon on the site here, but here's the skiny. They feel very comfortable on your hands, and certainly provide better shock protection across the knuckles.
I would warn you of a couple of things however. First off, they dont wrap tightly across the top of the hand, so you dont get nearly the same wuality protection from these as you would a traditional handwrap. They have these two velcro pieces that make an "X" across the top of the hand, I'm guessing to make it look like the "x" you get when wrapping with a proper handwrap. Unfortunately they fail to do an even adequate job, so they are purely for show. Also, the wrist wrap doesnt cover the top and bottom of the wrist like a real handwrap, so you get less protection there too.
If your seriously training in the gym, I would not recommend these. However, if your doing some aerobic training, or you simply dont have a pair of traditional handwraps available, these could get the job done.

Basically, you'll get more knucle protection than a traditional handwrap, but you'll sacrifice top of the hand protection, snug fit and wrist protection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the response - thats definitely in-line with what I've been reading as well.

I've seen that they're difficult to remove once the workout's over (easy to rip), and are really snug under the glove. However, are quick on, and are a time-saver.

Wraps seem like the way to go...even though the camo-one's do look cool

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you just cut the Gel knuckle part off the Everlast Handwrap and only use that while wrapping the traditional hand wrap over it. Would it still leave the top part of your hand still unprotected?

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I wouldnt recommend it as thats not what it was designed for. Although, check out the link below as I'm betting this is probably the type of thing your looking for. Use it under your handwraps for additional knuckle padding/protection, yet you retain the excellent integrity of a traditional wrap.

Knuckle Guard at Ringside.com

Or this one which is basically an all in one solution. A much better version of a gel handwrap than the everlast ones:
Gel Shock Handwrap at Ringside.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts