Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fights that have been talked about that didnt materialize at the time have now been all but confirmed.

Kelly Pavlik-Paul Williams Sept 27th
The WBO welterweight titlist will jump 2 divisions to face the Unified middleweight champion of the world.

Antonio Tarver-Chad Dawson Oct. 11th
The WBC light heavyweight titlist will vacate his title to face the IBF light heavyweight titlist.

Glen Johnson-Adrian Diaconu TBD
The WBC mandatory contender and the #2 will face off for the vacant WBC light heavy weight title.

Jermaine Taylor-Jeff Lacy Nov. 8th
Pending on Lacy winning a tune up against Epifanio Mendoza on July 23rd, this fight is all but a done deal.

Manny Pacquiao-Edwin Valero or Humberto Soto Nov. 15th
This will be the Pacman's first defense against one of these two tough fighters.

These fights will be real good.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Paul Williams, SMH, he should've layed low in the welterweights, that's where all the big money fights are. He could've stacked up money agains't a lot of fighters in that weight class, if he wins them all, then go up agains't someone like Pavlik.

If he loses agains't Pavlik, it'll give welterweights even more excuses to not fight him.

On a side note, I don't think anyone is really scard of Williams, they just don't wanna adjust their entire fighting style to cope with his size, my opinion anyways.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Diaconu isn't a bad fighter, Johnson will have to work to get that title. I wondered who Pac would fight with all the 135 guys busy, id love to see him knock out Valero. Those are good fights, i can't believe Williams is stepping upto fight Pavlik, thats going to be a blow out.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Diaconu isn't a bad fighter, Johnson will have to work to get that title. I wondered who Pac would fight with all the 135 guys busy, id love to see him knock out Valero. Those are good fights, i can't believe Williams is stepping upto fight Pavlik, thats going to be a blow out.

I think pavlik will beat the crap out of paul but a little bit of me says that Paul is going to a more natural weight and God only knows what skill he possesses there. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I think pavlik will beat the crap out of paul but a little bit of me says that Paul is going to a more natural weight and God only knows what skill he possesses there. Should be interesting.
I think Paul's physical advantages are what made him so good at 147 along with his workrate. At 160 against Pavlik both those things are kind of irrelevant so i see Pavlik just pummeling him. I doubt he can hurt Pavlik either. I don't even think it will be remotely competitive.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I think Paul's physical advantages are what made him so good at 147 along with his workrate. At 160 against Pavlik both those things are kind of irrelevant so i see Pavlik just pummeling him. I doubt he can hurt Pavlik either. I don't even think it will be remotely competitive.
True. Whatever the outcome may be, paul better be sure this is what he wants. One fight above 147 could make it so he can't make 147 again.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
great fights but Paul Williams could of been THE MAN at 154, he's risking his whole career and life by facing kelly pavlik, one of the hardest punching middles of all time. This could be devastating

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I agree 100%. Not to mention Williams is an inside fighter IMO. Yeah he was fighting tall in the Quintana rematch but we don't know if he can do it for several rounds. If you're an inside fighter the worst stylistic matchup for you is against someone like Pavlik.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I don't rate Green at all so i hope that fight doesn't happen. I want to see Pavlik in a meaningful fight, against either title holders Sturm/Abraham or Winky (if he gets his fatass back down to 160).
Yeah, I don't want to have to hear about how the majority of his colon was removed for the fiftieth time and I also don't want to watch him look down at his feet every two second, although, the fight probably won't go much longer than that if he does it against Pavlik.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Yeah, I don't want to have to hear about how the majority of his colon was removed for the fiftieth time and I also don't want to watch him look down at his feet every two second, although, the fight probably won't go much longer than that if he does it against Pavlik.
I hate that crap too, if this fight happens i hope Pavlik knocks him out cold while hes checking out his feet.

DRPUGILIST said:
At 147 P Will had crazy chin to help him with his bad defense, it will help him take Pavlik's punches but for haw long
There's a big difference between Pavlik and Margarito. His chin won't last for long IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts