Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a good idea about making a fantasy boxing league. Here's the basic rules/description:

-Members will choose a boxer through a draft. The draft order will be based on who has been on the forum the longest (if you have a better idea let me know)
-The draft will be set on a date and time where everybody can be available
-Each member can only choose 1 fighter per div (there's 17 divisions from minimumweight to Heavyweight)
-The league's season will be a year long
-Each member will have a team tname
-At the end of every month, we'll have a P4P list posted based on their team record
-Members can trade boxers if they like
-If the member's fighter retired, the member may choose another fighter that hasn't been chosen
-The members in the league must put in their signature the member's roster, the fighters' record since being on the member's team, and the team's overall record.
-At the end of each season we'll place the top 3 fighters in a poll and vote on who should be the champion.

We can change the rules to make things better and easier, but I thought that this would be a good idea since this will allow us to learn about other boxers in the lower weight classes and it can be a good competition on who can make the best boxing squad on the forum. What do you all think?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I just got your PM about this, and we've thought about this/discussed this MANY times before. We'll have to iron out a way to do it, and I think it will be VERY successful/popular. I will stay in touch with you to figure out how we can run this. I expect to have this running as soon as possible homie.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Yea if we can get some type of lottery to set the order of the draft I think this thing could go perfectly :thumbsup::thumbsup: This is a great idea

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got your PM about this, and we've thought about this/discussed this MANY times before. We'll have to iron out a way to do it, and I think it will be VERY successful/popular. I will stay in touch with you to figure out how we can run this. I expect to have this running as soon as possible homie.
Sounds good man :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
It's all about figuring out how to score everything. That is the only problem we ran into in the past. I'm sure I can figure it out using microsoft excel. It will just take time and a lot of thought.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Hmmmm....each "stable" or team has W-L-D KOs NC and we could score from there...or we could just go by who has the best record...what do you think?

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's all about figuring out how to score everything. That is the only problem we ran into in the past. I'm sure I can figure it out using microsoft excel. It will just take time and a lot of thought.
We could go by just their W-L (KO) records.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a good idea about making a fantasy boxing league. Here's the basic rules/description:

-Members will choose a boxer through a draft. The draft order will be based on who has been on the forum the longest (if you have a better idea let me know)
-The draft will be set on a date and time where everybody can be available
-Each member can only choose 1 fighter per div (there's 17 divisions from minimumweight to Heavyweight)
-The league's season will be a year long
-Each member will have a team tname
-At the end of every month, we'll have a P4P list posted based on their team record
-Members can trade boxers if they like
-If the member's fighter retired, the member may choose another fighter that hasn't been chosen
-The members in the league must put in their signature the member's roster, the fighters' record since being on the member's team, and the team's overall record.
-At the end of each season we'll place the top 3 fighters in a poll and vote on who should be the champion.

We can change the rules to make things better and easier, but I thought that this would be a good idea since this will allow us to learn about other boxers in the lower weight classes and it can be a good competition on who can make the best boxing squad on the forum. What do you all think?

I'm in! But when you draft the easiest way to keep it really fair is to reverse the order after each round. Oldest member leads off round 1, newest member leads off round 2, oldest round 3, newest round 4.....and so on until the 17th round.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
There is just SOOOOOOO many different things that have to be taken into account in order to run a fantasy league fairly. We need to talk about this and do a lot of trial/error type experience.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in! But when you draft the easiest way to keep it really fair is to reverse the order after each round. Oldest member leads off round 1, newest member leads off round 2, oldest round 3, newest round 4.....and so on until the 17th round.
You're right, that's a good idea. It's been a while since I've been in fantasy sports LOL.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is just SOOOOOOO many different things that have to be taken into account in order to run a fantasy league fairly. We need to talk about this and do a lot of trial/error type experience.
True true, you're more experienced at this than I am, what ever you think is best :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
definitely wanna get down on this, I know it may take longer, but try getting this going by next week, and the poster that said the longest members picks first in the first round, then the newest members pick 1st in the second and over again and again until the 17th round. Also will there only be 17 people who could join this since there's only 17 weight classes :dunno:

if so, just in case there's more members, you could divide in two or three groups if there's a bunch of people that want to get down on this.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
definitely wanna get down on this, I know it may take longer, but try getting this going by next week, and the poster that said the longest members picks first in the first round, then the newest members pick 1st in the second and over again and again until the 17th round. Also will there only be 17 people who could join this since there's only 17 weight classes :dunno:

if so, just in case there's more members, you could divide in two or three groups if there's a bunch of people that want to get down on this.
I think we can have one big group. Each member choosing a boxer out of each weight class. It'll be tough if there's 20 plus members that wants to do this since some divisions are shallow in the talent department and barely has a top 10. But there's plenty of boxers in each division so I think we can have one large group.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
I think we can have one big group. Each member choosing a boxer out of each weight class. It'll be tough if there's 20 plus members that wants to do this since some divisions are shallow in the talent department and barely has a top 10. But there's plenty of boxers in each division so I think we can have one large group.
I guess you're going to have to show some pretty good managing skills by picking good forcoming prospects. In some weight classes.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I guess you're going to have to show some pretty good managing skills by picking good forcoming prospects. In some weight classes.
for real, if the numbers get to high, might as well split into two groups, it'll be ill to see another person who has a few of the guys I picked plus a few others he thinks might do better then the different ones I picked

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
for real, if the numbers get to high, might as well split into two groups, it'll be ill to see another person who has a few of the guys I picked plus a few others he thinks might do better then the different ones I picked
Oh I see what you're saying. Yeah we'll mos def have two leagues if the numbers get too high.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts