1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which ones are your guys favorites?

I'll start it off.

Roy Jones vs Clinton Woods

It was the Ali/Folley or Ali/Williams of the new century. What I mean by this, it was the last great performance of this truly great fighter still in his prime.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Castillo vs Corrales 1.
Gatti vs Ward 1
Barrera vs Moirales 1.
Benn vs McClellan
Eubank vs Benn 1
Hearns vs Hagler
Duran vs Buchannan
Hamed vs Kelly
Marquez vs Vasquez 3.

Castillo vs Corrles 1 would be the best out of them IMO.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Personal favourites in no particular order.

Lennox Lewis vs Frank Bruno - I was there in the crowd at Cardiff cheering on Lennox, the first fight I ever attended- the 1st World Heavyweight title fight between 2 Britons.

Lloyd Honeyghan vs Donald Curry - Upset and what a dominating performance by Honeyghan at Caesars Palace. The fight proved that nothing is certain when two men enter the ring.

George Foreman vs Ron Lyle - Not a fight of skill just a fight between two 'gunslingers' - Heavyweight boxing at it's most brutal

Thomas Hearns vs Roberto Duran - The right hand Hearns landed when Duran was on the ropes will stay in my memory forever - what a punch.

Nigel Benn vs Gerald McClellan - Watched this fight with the whole family as there was a party to celebrate my grandparents 50th Wedding anniversary.
A tragic, brutal fight that showed the heart needed to compete at the highest level and the sad consequences that sometimes happen in the sport we all love.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Tyson vs. Holyfield I

Hearns vs. Hagler

Taylor vs. Pavlik I

all of what Tommy listed

I still consider myself realitively new to boxing (started watching late 03 early 04 If I recall correctly) and I don't have a library of fights so I know I am missing out on ALOT of great ones. just isn't the same though as watching it live.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Just watched a fight recently wich goes down as one of my all time favorites, Humberto Gonzales vs Michael Carbajal what a great fight it was.

Others that come to mind are

Holyfield vs Bowe 1 & 2
Holyfield vs Quawi
Holyfield vs Tyson 1
Mayweather vs Corrales (brilliant performance)
Ali vs Frazier 1&2
Naseem Hamed vs Kevin Kelley
Calzaghe vs Jeff Lacy (brilliant performance)

this is just a small fragment of my favorites that ive seen recently

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
How come this is in the lounge?:laugh: Most of my favourites have been mentioned, but one i absolutely loved and have seen about 20 times is Trinidad vs. Vargas.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Oh, my, God. How can I forget the best fight I have ever seen in my entire life? I was there, live.

Ener Julio vs Saul Duran

That was the absolute best fight that I have ever seen but both fighter lost their careers after that. They were both shot to pieces following that fight.

I remember hearing one of the judges get up from his stool, and utter the words "Best fight that I've ever witnessed". It was truly brutal.

It was definately more brutal than Gatti-Ward or Vasquez-Marquez.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts