Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to what you guys' taste in music is as well as some of your favorite artists, bands, groups etc.

Me, myself, I have a pretty wide taste in music from Metal to hip hop. Some of my favorite groups are as follows

Rage Against the Machine
Ministry
Rammstein
Disturbed
Eisbrecher
Dr. Dre
Outkast
Korn
The Game
Metallica
AC/DC
Eminem

The point of this thread is to not only express your tastes but to also hopefully enlighten some other individuals on music that you like.

Have Fun

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Man you just hit my second passion behind boxing. I love music so much dude. I range from classical tunes (rarely) to hardcore metal, back to rap.

My favorite band is Every Time I Die (Metal/PartyRock) - I met the drummer years ago in Dallas at a concert, and we became friends so I go see them everytime they come around.

I could go on and on with a list, but I am going to wait and give it a little more thought.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I don't care about music. Its not that I dislike it, its more, I could care less. Some songs I do like though are "Aint no stopping us now" (Recorded in 1979), "The Final Count Down" by Europe (Recorded some time in the 80's), "Living in America" by James Brown some time in the 80's, and "Leave out all the rest" by Lincoln park.

Oh, and my uncle's wife is the mother of drop kick murphy's drummer.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I like everything but heres a short list of my favourites.

AC/DC
Rage Against The Machine
Korn
Slipknot
Eminem
The Game
3 Doors Down
Linkin Park
Mínus(Icelandic rock band)
Led Zeppelin ( if i had to pick one Led would be my pick)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I am suprised that so many people realize how good The Game is, and I am thrilled that nobody has listed 50 Cent. You guys make me smile with your good taste :)

Anyone like Kanye West?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I like Stronger by Kanye West, but dont listen to much from him. I like a range of music, my all-time favourite band is Red Hot Chilli's, but some others i like:

Akon
Linkin Park
The Fray
Eminem
Feeder
Razorlight

I like a few older songs, but not any bands/artists in particular.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I am suprised that so many people realize how good The Game is, and I am thrilled that nobody has listed 50 Cent. You guys make me smile with your good taste :)

Anyone like Kanye West?
Kanye's first album was and always will be a classic. 50 Cent used to be good but after Get Rich or Die Tryin', he turned into a softy. The Game kicks ass. I have all of his mix tapes of when him and 50 were going through a their beef and Game just owned him on everyone

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Man I'd go insane if I didn't have music. I like a little bit of everything really. My three fav metal bands are Metallica, alice in chains(down in a hole is my fav song right now),and Godsmack. I dig music from the 60's. some rap/country, love the 80's. the police, genesis/phil collins,mike and the mechanics, pearl jam is another big one for me. AC/DC, Bush, staind, nickelback. I don't see how anyone can like just one type of music like just rap, or just metal. I gotta have different types of music for the different types of moods that i'm in.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah the game owns all! Hes just so gangsta!!! hehe his song da s.hit is problaby the coolest song ever. "ill have your main b itch swallowing my babys" gotta love that dude! hehe and yeah Kanye is cool because his music is different, nothing round like the **** he came up with(i think?) but hes not one of my favourites.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Yeah I just like Kanye because of his different approach and style. He mocks the rappers who talk about selling cocaine and shooting people, and I like that.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
my cd collection includes.

oasis (the greatest band in history).
the arctic monkeys.
the zutons.
pete doherty.
u2.
franz ferdinand
the steriophonics
the fratelis
blur
the verve
the view
the stone roses.
the happy mondays.
kasabian
green day
the manic street preachers.

theres more but as you can see im a bit of indy boi. i like some rap like dre, eminem, 2pac and most of the aftermath staff.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I am like most of you. I like to listen to just about everything. Rap, Hip Hop, Rock, Country, Old School, Oldies, R&B. I have been on a rap kick lately. What I am listening to is:

Snoop Dog:Doggystyle- I can listen to the whole album
G Mo: Ballin 4 Life- One of my favorite albums ever
Outkast: ATLiens- Another favorite of mine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts