Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your favorite punch? I can't name just one punch, but here are my top 3:

1. Lennox Lewis's right uppercut, I just love that punch.

2. Sugar Ray Leonard's jab, it is just so fast and powerful.

3. Joe Frazier's left hook, it is truly the greatest left hook of all time.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My favorite punches are Joe Louis' jab and Rocky Marciano's overhand right.
Louis's jab popped into my mind first, but I remembered Leonard's jab and like that one better. I also like Holmes's and Ali's jabs too.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Louis's jab popped into my mind first, but I remembered Leonard's jab and like that one better. I also like Holmes's and Ali's jabs too.
idk when I saw Louis jabbing away at Max Baer, and making his head snap back, that was one of the most powerful jobs that I have ever seen. Another notable punch was Sugar Ray Robinsons bolo punch.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I loved Muhammad Ali's style the way he moved around and specifically his jab. The way he'd jab to the body with out going down a bit. The way he threw it i found it cool. Also i love Sugar Ray Leonards uppercut. He'd literally go all the way down to the floor and come up like if he was a video game character jumping up when uppercutting like he did in the olympics.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
I loved Muhammad Ali's style the way he moved around and specifically his jab. The way he'd jab to the body with out going down a bit. The way he threw it i found it cool. Also i love Sugar Ray Leonards uppercut. He'd literally go all the way down to the floor and come up like if he was a video game character jumping up when uppercutting like he did in the olympics.
Muhammad Ali was most definatley one of the greatest fighters of all time. There is no doubt about that. If you want to see some really good uppercuts like the one that you told me about Sugar Ray Leonard, You should look into Rocky Marciano vs. Archie Moore. Marciano threw some really good ones in that fight.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Muhammad Ali was most definatley one of the greatest fighters of all time. There is no doubt about that. If you want to see some really good uppercuts like the one that you told me about Sugar Ray Leonard, You should look into Rocky Marciano vs. Archie Moore. Marciano threw some really good ones in that fight.
I can never watch any fight that was recorded before the 60's I just cant turned off by the quality and the styles for some reason.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Marvin Haglers Jab (very underated) and thrown with absolute venom and surprising accuracy(i still cringe watching Mugabi taking them vicious jabs).

Hearns straight right hand the hardest outside the heavyweights i have ever seen.

Leonards jab and left to the body was (especially doubled up were magic)

Badger in Asia

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can never watch any fight that was recorded before the 60's I just cant turned off by the quality and the styles for some reason.
The styles are the same, just the quality makes it hard to see the little moves and such.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
No wonder I don't like it as much as now :dunno:
My brother has the same problem watching black and white fights, he just cant stand them. I don't see the problem that people have with it. Even with all of the bad quality in the picture, I can notice all of the little moves that they do. Although I agree that the fights would be much better if they were put into the quality that the fights today are.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts