Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your favorite ring entrances? 2 of mine are Holmes-Cooney (1982 WBC title), and Holmes-Neilson (1997 IBO title). I thought both of their ring entrances were hilarious. First its all dark and smoky where Larry walks out, then you hear the song "Aint No Stopping me Now", pretty, much Larry's theme song seeing how he walked into every fight with that playing, and I'm like what ever. Then I see an American flag come out of the smoke, and I don't know why, but that cracked me up. Then Larry gets into the ring and bla bla bla, then it shows where Neilson walks in. I hear a familar whistling tune, then I hear "Always look on the bright side of life" and that did it for me. What kind of ring enterance music is that? Is that supposed to pump you up?:laugh:
Here's the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2qZo88-3OO

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
the king of the ring entrances was naz hamed.

pitty he wasn't the king of winning fights though. lol

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
This should be in a different section Bill :)

I'd have to say that as of lately nobody tops Mayweather's entrances. His are hilarious, and I'm not saying that because I'm a fan. He came out on a throne carried by people, as a gladiator, and in the Mexico colors with a backwards sombrero on. I love when Floyd used to come out to "Another one bites the dust." That just set it off perfectly.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
This should be in a different section Bill :)

I'd have to say that as of lately nobody tops Mayweather's entrances. His are hilarious, and I'm not saying that because I'm a fan. He came out on a throne carried by people, as a gladiator, and in the Mexico colors with a backwards sombrero on. I love when Floyd used to come out to "Another one bites the dust." That just set it off perfectly.
*tommy shakes his head*

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
That was just for you Thomas ;)

Naseem Hamed definitely rules all with entrances. Didn't he come in on ziplines and stuff? LMAO.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I must agree the prince Naseem has my favorites. And really i like everything about his showmanship...other then his loses. I think boxing needs another off the wall character like him right now... main difference is that this guy needs to wins some fights though.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i just wish naz had trained more than he was after going to the USA to fight, he wouldn't have lost to marco if he'd done the right work IMO.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Meltdown50 said:
i agree.

what happened to him after the Barrera fight?
he beat manuel calvo for the european title in a 12 round UD, crashed his car into another vehicle at 120 mph, broke every bone in the drivers body, went to jail for 4 months came out, eat some then eat some more. lol

naz must weight around 190lb just now. :(

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Tyson. He didn't come out in some stupid costume. Just a plain towel and took care of business!! (most of the time anyway)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
KNUCKLE UP said:
Tyson. He didn't come out in some stupid costume. Just a plain towel and took care of business!! (most of the time anyway)
yip, mike had a bad ass no thrills entrance.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I miss those days when you would wonder how badly he would hurt his opponent and what round the knockout would occur in. A tyson knockout was a guarantee for the longest time, and Klitschko just doesn't fill that void.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
i thought the naz v barrera entrance where naz is flying down and a mexican throws some kind of drink at his head was pretty entertaining lol :laugh: good old naz

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I miss those days when you would wonder how badly he would hurt his opponent and what round the knockout would occur in. A tyson knockout was a guarantee for the longest time, and Klitschko just doesn't fill that void.
We always used to wonder teh chances of his opponent just making the second round. I will never forget the look on Spinks face. He looked like he just pissed himself!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Lol. I remember that as well. I will never forget the look on Peter McNealy's face when Mike got into the ring and looked his way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts