Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats ur favorite trilogy of fights? mine for sure is gatti-ward. what a classic set of fights. fraiser-ali is up there too of course

·
Registered
1 Posts
Emile Griffith VS Bennie "Kid" Paret.

After splitting their first two fights, they had a rubber match at The Garden. Griffith won by KO when he had Paret helpless in the corner. The ref was too slow in stopping the onslaught and Paret slumped to the canvas. Unfortunately, he never regained consciousness and died a short time later.

·
Registered
29 Posts
gatti vs ward..but the list of trilogys is so great! it's hard to compare them all plus the new ones that r about to happen will be in the list of great trilogys...we got castillovs.coralles 3 comin up on 6/3/06 on showtime that should be very interesting!!! hope castillo make the weight!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great lightweight trilogy

The 3 fights between Davey"little red" Lopez and Salvador Sanchez. These matches are not as well known, but were classics. The type of fights where both guys throw over 1,000 punches. They may have fought a 4th fight, but Sanchez got gored by a bull, while taking matador training.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can only recall 2 fights between Sanchez and Lopez with Sanchez winning both by KO. Unfortunately he was killed in a car accident on Aug.12, 1982 at the age of 23.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The greats

I just have to go with the greats Fraiser - Ali, there's just too much history surrounding these two fighters that go into their fights. Not only the battle in the ropes but also the political turmoil outside the ropes makes this one of the most important series ever.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
ward v gatti. holyfeild v bowe, ali v frazier, ray robinson v lamotta but my fav is mab v morrales there first fight was one of the best.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Ali vs Frazier was probably one of the best trilogys because they hated each other, and still do.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts