Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that Felix "Tito" Trinidad is going to decide his next career move after watching this weekend's light heavyweight encounter between Bernard Hopkins and Joe Calzaghe. Depending on the outcome and the performance of Hopkins, Trinidad will decide whether he will pursue a rematch of their 2001 encounter or agree to a deal to fight Jermain Taylor in a catch-weight bout.

After several years of inactivity, Trinidad returned to the ring in January and lost a spirited decision to Roy Jones Jr. at the catch-weight of 170-pounds. Although Trinidad is tempted to fight Taylor, he's been very vocal about fighting Hopkins for the second time. He is also interested in Calzaghe, should the Welsh fighter win.

Felix Trinidad Sr, Tito's father/manager/trainer, told El Nuevo Dia that his son will be watching Saturday's fight with open eyes.

"We are going to watch the fight with Bernard Hopkins on Saturday and see where that leaves us. We will see how they perform in the fight and then we will speak with Don King to make a decision," Trinidad Sr said. "Tito is still analyzing (the Taylor offer). He is not 100% sure of what he will do. He is taking his time and looking at all of his options."

By Mark Vester

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
As I have said before. Why does he want to do this to his career. Is he having trouble putting food on the table or something? Plus what is he gonna do when Calzaghe wants to retire or fight someone else and what will he do when Hopkins makes his supposed HW move?

·
Registered
368 Posts
i really dont care for trinidad nomore, and i he used to be my favorite boxer! Trinidad for me is all washed out, Taylor will beat him, and so would Hopkins or Calzhage. Trinidad will never win again.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i really dont care for trinidad nomore, and i he used to be my favorite boxer! Trinidad for me is all washed out, Taylor will beat him, and so would Hopkins or Calzhage. Trinidad will never win again.
Not against a top fighter. I still say he'll bring all he has his best game to the ring if he was to fight Oscar again and I seriously doubt that he would fight again after a Oscar rematch.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Trinidad should of stayed walterweight in his carrer, cause seriously, he has lost all his losses in higher weights. Trinidad was my favorite but he is to me now as bad as John Ruiz. jejejej

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trinidad should of stayed walterweight in his carrer, cause seriously, he has lost all his losses in higher weights. Trinidad was my favorite but he is to me now as bad as John Ruiz. jejejej
Yea I would say that hes about on that level too.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Felix needs to find winnable fights or step away. He's going to get himself hurt.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So the former welterweight, who got kayo'd at middleweight, believes he can beat the same man who knocked him out this time, but at 175lbs, 29lbs above his best weight???
Tito has lost it

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
It appears that Felix "Tito" Trinidad is going to decide his next career move after watching this weekend's light heavyweight encounter between Bernard Hopkins and Joe Calzaghe. Depending on the outcome and the performance of Hopkins, Trinidad will decide whether he will pursue a rematch of their 2001 encounter or agree to a deal to fight Jermain Taylor in a catch-weight bout.

After several years of inactivity, Trinidad returned to the ring in January and lost a spirited decision to Roy Jones Jr. at the catch-weight of 170-pounds. Although Trinidad is tempted to fight Taylor, he's been very vocal about fighting Hopkins for the second time. He is also interested in Calzaghe, should the Welsh fighter win.

Felix Trinidad Sr, Tito's father/manager/trainer, told El Nuevo Dia that his son will be watching Saturday's fight with open eyes.

"We are going to watch the fight with Bernard Hopkins on Saturday and see where that leaves us. We will see how they perform in the fight and then we will speak with Don King to make a decision," Trinidad Sr said. "Tito is still analyzing (the Taylor offer). He is not 100% sure of what he will do. He is taking his time and looking at all of his options."

By Mark Vester

Oh so Trinidad will watch the fight then decide will he?? What friggin right has Trinidad got of even mentioning hopkins or calzaghes names let alone challenging them. He's fought once in over 3 years and got his ass kicked by a shot Roy Jones. I'm sure he had enough of Bernard when he kicked his ass all over the ring when they met first time Nard whupped him like a red headed stepchild :cheeky4::cheeky4:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
So the former welterweight, who got kayo'd at middleweight, believes he can beat the same man who knocked him out this time, but at 175lbs, 29lbs above his best weight???
Tito has lost it
That's just it. Tito knows he aint gonna win, but he needs to put money back in his wallet. there aint no other reason.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
It was impossible for Trinidad to stay at 147. He couldn't make the weight any more

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
As I have said before. Why does he want to do this to his career. Is he having trouble putting food on the table or something? Plus what is he gonna do when Calzaghe wants to retire or fight someone else and what will he do when Hopkins makes his supposed HW move?
I agree 100%. I used to be a big fan of Tito but now I really want him to fight Pavlik or Calzaghe so that he'll get destroyed and sent into retirement for good.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Whether fighting Hopkins or Calzaghe, Tito would get demolished. It wouldn't even be competative. If his father new what was good for him, he'd take him down a division instead of up. Tito has not carried his power beyond 160lbs and he couldn't even begin to hang with Master boxers like Hopkins or Calzaghe like he did with Roy in the early going.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Whether fighting Hopkins or Calzaghe, Tito would get demolished. It wouldn't even be competative. If his father new what was good for him, he'd take him down a division instead of up. Tito has not carried his power beyond 160lbs and he couldn't even begin to hang with Master boxers like Hopkins or Calzaghe like he did with Roy in the early going.
It would look like Cotto-Gomez II.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Tito has lost it
Yeah i think Tito has lost it here 2 :laugh::laugh::laugh: no way would he win crazy this.:confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts