Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Trinidad vs. Mayweather at 147 - Who wins?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prime vs. Prime, who would win a Trinidad-Mayweather match-up at 147? Discuss.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
I got Mayweather at UD. Mayweather, like Hopkins, is a smart boxer who can pick somebody apart. Trinidad was a one dimensional fighter and guys like Hopkins, Wright and to an extent, De La Hoya proved that. He would heave beaten Trinidad with as much ease as Hopkins.. although maybe not as entertaining as the Hopkins bout. :)

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got Mayweather at UD. Mayweather, like Hopkins, is a smart boxer who can pick somebody apart. Trinidad was a one dimensional fighter and guys like Hopkins, Wright and to an extent, De La Hoya proved that. He would heave beaten Trinidad with as much ease as Hopkins.. although maybe not as entertaining as the Hopkins bout. :)
I actually see this as being real close :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I'd say Mayweather by decision. Tito would win some rounds by chasing and outworking, but he didnt use to cut the ring very well, so Floyd would be able to outbox him for most of the fight.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
This would be closer than alot of people think. Tito was very hard to beat at 147lbs, but i imagine Floyd would do enough to take a close decision.

G

·
Tito was great at that weight but Floyd would be on his bike the whole fight so it would be close. I'd go with Trinidad UD.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tito was great at that weight but Floyd would be on his bike the whole fight so it would be close. I'd go with Trinidad UD.
That's what I'm thinking. Mayweather hardly has great power so I'm thinking Trinidad lands more hard shots. Really hard fight to call.

G

·
Yeah it could go either way, I hate Mayweather's style but it's effective. He'd be running in this fight faster than ever.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it could go either way, I hate Mayweather's style but it's effective. He'd be running in this fight faster than ever.
It would be more off a 100m race at times with Floyd in the ring :laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
I say Tito by UD, but i can see PBF ring smarts be the reason why he beats Tito by decision as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It would be more off a 100m race at times with Floyd in the ring :laugh:
thats why its called boxing and not head bashing knockouts.. he doesnt run he boxes there is a difference.. if u want to see a runner look at andre dirrell..

i see the fight between tito and floyd kind of like the tito vs david reid match.. except floyd wouldnt get destroyed in the later rounds he would pull away with the victory

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I think Tito would have a good chance here. Floyd isn't the strongest/biggest at 147, whereas Tito is a huge guy at the weight and is extremely powerful. I could see a Floyd win, but with Tito's power and his habit of coming on strong late in fights... i wouldn't be surprised if he caught Floyd late.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think Tito would have a good chance here. Floyd isn't the strongest/biggest at 147, whereas Tito is a huge guy at the weight and is extremely powerful. I could see a Floyd win, but with Tito's power and his habit of coming on strong late in fights... i wouldn't be surprised if he caught Floyd late.
That's why I'm going for Tito.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Was watching Tito/Vargas today. Made me realise just how great he was between 147-154. Man if he could get his fat arse/ass in shape and get down to 147-154 I'm certain he could be a major player again.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Was watching Tito/Vargas today. Made me realise just how great he was between 147-154. Man if he could get his fat arse/ass in shape and get down to 147-154 I'm certain he could be a major player again.
Not a chance. I don't think he could make 160. In fact he didn't even make 170 for the Jones fight, he was still a half pound over or something.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Not a chance. I don't think he could make 160. In fact he didn't even make 170 for the Jones fight, he was still a half pound over or something.
That's the problem. He obviously has no motivation or dedication, and we will never see Tito at 147-154 ever again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts