Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm 23 years old and from southern indiana. I've been doing cardio with my weight training and have been getting bored with it. I do 3 days of lifting (back/bicep, legs, and shoulders/triceps) and 3 days cardio. I usually run...a lot...for my cardio...or I row. Its been getting a little dull, so I wanted to pick up boxing again. I went to a military college where boxing and wrestling is mandatory, so I do know the basic fundamentals.

I looked for clubs/gyms in my area and I have found nothing. Everything is an hour away. Luckily there is a heavy bag at my gym. I have sparing gloves and punching mits. I do have a buddy that can help me practice combinations and defensive drills. What kind of workouts could I do with a heavy bag and punching mitts? I could probably recuit a female friend to spar with me, but I don't think I'm qualified to teach her from scratch....ay de mi.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
It looks like you don't have much of a choice and an hour drive awaits you, but bring your friend so that she/he can learn the basics then instead of driving every day you guys can stay at home and work on the previous day’s lesson.
So Monday Gym
Tuesday home
And so on.
BTW take it easy on the friend as you don’t want to discourage her/him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts