Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ricardo Mayorga knocks Fernando Vargas down in the 1st and 11th round to eventually win a Majority Decision in Vargas's backyard. The fight was HIGHLY entertaining. Vargas announces his retirement and Mayorga plans on going back down to 147 or 154 to mix things up a little bit. This fight was a War and props to both men.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mayorga is actually oen of my favorite exciting fighters, i dont care if he wins or losses, i just love watching him fight, like gatti. I woudl love to see him knock out vargas and i know he will.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Should be a good fight. Vargas imo is the favourite and should be on the bettings cause Mayorga has no defense and when i say no im saying he just come forward and whatever and gets punched in the face. So i think Vargas will take either an easy UD or a late KO

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Vargas has looked shot lately, but i hope he does have enough left for this fight. Looking at Vargas he has been a pretty good fighter, the guys he has lossed too have all been brilliant.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah losses against guys like Shane Mosley, Felix Trinidad and Oscar De La Hoys and still giving all of them (maby not Mosley 2) a really tough fight is nothing to be a shamed off. While Tito and Oscar really crushed Mayorga.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
your gonna say vargas is better because he got beat my tito , mosley and oscar. May i remind you that mayorga lost to those same guys and i thought mayorga did awesome against tito, he is just not a natural middleweight. But i think mayorga knocks vargas out. vargas is past his prime and mayorga always fights the same. He goes for the kill and vargas never does good under pressure or with a guy who can take his punch. Mayorga can take punches he can see and vargas has been so so slow lately. mayorga by middle round ko.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Did Mayorga do good against Tito? What fight were you watching cause i only saw Tito toying with Mayorga

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I think this will make a great fight athough they are both abit washed up. I would say this is a 50/50 fight because both men have been flatened in there last fights. Maybe edge it to vargas as i think he has abit more left in the tank.:D

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I think Mayorga has more left than Vargas, but i think Vargas of a couple of years back beats Mayorga. Its going to be a war no doubt, but i think Vargas is shot and Mayorga will stop him in the 7th.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mayorga knocked trinidad down and stunned him a few times even whiel mayorga was hurt. I wouldnt say mayorga did bad agagainst tito at all.

This fight is heating up. i wish it was on regular tv so bad but i will buy it anywayz. anyoen know what the undercard is going to be like.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that will be awesome as an undercard fight. Neither guy have much power but both like to mix it up. collazo may have a chance to get the ko. Im guesing this is sharmbe mitchell right?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
yip, and im looking for collazo to dominate sharmba in this one.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
TysonJones said:
mayorga knocked trinidad down and stunned him a few times even whiel mayorga was hurt. I wouldnt say mayorga did bad agagainst tito at all.

This fight is heating up. i wish it was on regular tv so bad but i will buy it anywayz. anyoen know what the undercard is going to be like.

Did Mayorga kncok Trinidat down? wtf? i must be getinn alzheimer :O ive watched the fight 3 times and i dont remember this either youre nor remembering something right or im going crazy :S

·
Registered
652 Posts
This is for fighting pride.
They are both past their primes but still wanna give out kickings.
Mayorga will win IMO.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Brutus said:
Did Mayorga kncok Trinidat down? wtf? i must be getinn alzheimer :O ive watched the fight 3 times and i dont remember this either youre nor remembering something right or im going crazy :S
I watched it a couple times also and don't recall a knockdown? Maybe I'm going crazy with you?:laugh:

·
Banned
63 Posts
If you want a retirement fight than mayorga is the man to do it against. He will def. make it exciting, I give this to vargas because he can box a bit and that is what he is going to have to do against may.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts