Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
big52daddy10 said:
What weight heavy bag should i go with, 70 or 100?....are these gloves alright for serious heavy bag work? High Performance Hook-and-Loop Training Gloves from Everlast Boxing & Sportswear
is this a good heavy bag? Training Bags from Everlast Boxing & Sportswear
are handwraps or gel glove wraps the way to go, mainly for wrist support and injury prevention?
Depending on your weight too. But 70 - 100lbs should do it. Everlast Nevatear® is an excellent deal, especially if used outside or in humid climate. Little hard midsection, but you working it pretty good should soften it up. Recommended, so as gloves!

I'd go with double handwraps used mexican style (between fingers), gel gloves are nice but only protect skin of your knuckles. You need far more protection for your hand, and especially your wrists! The gloves don't offer enough protection for any serious work. Just my 2c!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Everlast Gloves are very good. I've been using my 16oz. pair for years. Few weeks ago I bought Everlast 100lbs Nevertear at the Academy Sports for $79. About month ago I bought gel gloves and used them only once. Now, I am teaching my daughter, and she uses them on mits.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Good advice dragon. Yes the gel handwraps arent what you want. Check the other thread on them here. As for the Everlast gear, yes its good quality. As you learn and develop, you may find a different glove/bag suits you better, but thats all a matter of choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts