Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Antonio Margarito vs. Ricky Hatton. Why?

Well I just rewatched Margarito vs. Lujan and Lujan's ear was almost completely taken off. Margarito averaged about 130 punches per round. Hatton is a badass in his own right and would fare well against Margarito. This fight would be a guaranteed war. There's really no way around it. What do you guys think, and who would win in what fasion?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Haha man, this is like the most impossible fight to call. Both have amazing work rate, so nobody is getting outworked. Both have real good chins, so its hard to see someone getting KOd. Both guys will be going all-out for the whole 12 rounds. I take Margarito winning a close SD in an all-out war.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
ive changed my view on the outcome of this fight a few times while discusing who could win, my heart says hatton but my head says margie, i think margarito would be just to big and strong for ricky. margies 5'11/6ft, rickys 5'6, margie prob a middlweight boiled down to 147 and hattons only a 140 guy. ricky has the heart to win but id just give margie the edge, margie 51% hatton 49%.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
rickys a better boxer though with just as good a workrate, so maybe hatton 51% margie 49%.

hmmm, i dunno, tough one to call. :D

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
im having a disagrement with myself here guys, your all welcome to slap me. LMAO

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If Hatton moved enough I could see him winning. Margarito's punches look great against a slow guy like Lujan. He missed about 75% of the punches he threw. I think this is a fight that would be great for boxing!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
daveDaboxingfan said:
have i seen this before %

just maybe
yeah dave. lol

i feel the same here as you do with zab nd cotto. :)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i would go with hatton, hatton took tszyu's best shot and best illegal shot and zu hits much harder than margie even at 147. Hatton would ware margy down imo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts