Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
besides the fact im sure somebody has already made a discussion on it i cant find if but first things first they need to get rid of the geeks who are making the fight games... the parry is the biggest issue in most forums.. the fist sign of a geek is when he defends the parry he says " the art of fighting is not getting hit ".. for real!!!!! :dunno: and the other is i dont like seeing every fighter on the damn game using the hitman stance knowing only a few where able to use it and how they made roy jones and oscar delaya hoya stronger then sugar ray and how slow they made the brawlers in the game i mean damn whats the point of using frazier if all you got do is parry those slow ass punches and you basically wide open.. im pissed off cause im a true boxing fan i dont like how the hitman stance its not really effective in the game if you got more to add then do it... of if you dont agree then say something

·
Registered
119 Posts
Personally, as a massive fan of FNR3 i've gotta say only two real things need changing. First is the rosters, which need to have more current boxers and no more of this having roy jones at 3 weights bull. Second it's gotta be harder, i've never lost on the game to computer or human and i just get bored.

Oh and it should have a realistic career system, not the piece of rubbish that's on there now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think the actual gameplay is quality :thumbsup: But they need to includ more current Boxers! The game has about 5 boxers boxing at least two of the weights. Why Floyd wasn't on Fight Night 4 is beyond me. For the next game (if they do one!), they should include Mayweather, Pavlik, Calzaghe, Klitschko's (Basically few modern Heaveyweights), Cotto, Mosley, Tito, Juan Manual Marquez, Kessler aswell! There's just few off the top of me head that wernt on it ;)

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Personally, as a massive fan of FNR3 i've gotta say only two real things need changing. First is the rosters, which need to have more current boxers and no more of this having roy jones at 3 weights bull. Second it's gotta be harder, i've never lost on the game to computer or human and i just get bored.

Oh and it should have a realistic career system, not the piece of rubbish that's on there now.
I agree with everything you said. And round 4 is out????

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Well, Fight Night Round 4 could use more all time greats, and modern guys. They should put guys like Louis, Foreman, Holmes, Hearns, Mayweather, Mosely, Pep, Tyson, Arguello, Lewis, Saddler, Graziano, Zale, Norotn, Greb, and Armstrong for starters. They also need to fix the parry and judge jab. Ali's jab does more damage than almost any other punch. They got guys like Leonard and Gatti dead on, but they screwed up guys like Frazier, Ali, and Hagler.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I knew FNR3 was too easy when i set it on hard and beat Ali with pacquiao. I assess they should make scenarios like that impossible.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Is it out yet??? I havent seen it or heard about it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
They need to worry less about graphics and more about realism. Like Speed of the punches. I know it doesn't take 2 seconds for Jones to throw an uppercut- it take about 1/5 of second,

They need to get more boxers on the roster like

Calzaghe
Mayweather
Tarver
Pavlik
Zab
Tyson
Marciano
Foreman etc

They also need to tweak the difficulty system

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Only geeks defend the parry? Man, then Im a geek! That's how I win all my fight night games. I parry and counter, parry and counter. :dunno:

I would also like them to put more current fighters. Also it'd be cool if we can win certain fighters and prizes like different trainors and such. Why Tito, Chavez, Whitacker, and TYSON haven't appeared in Fight night 2 or 3 is beyond me.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'm not 100% sure how it works, but they have to get consent from the boxers to put their names in the game. They offered it to Larry Holmes, but he wasn't happy with the money they were offering for FNR3.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Oh, ok

I heard from a friend of mine that there was a way to create Tyson to the T'. He said it was on the internet but I haven't been able to find it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts