Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think the fight of the year so far is??

I personally would have to go with cotto vs judah but i think there are alot of great fights to come this year and its already been one hell of a year already. Greatest year of boxing i can remember for a long time, all the right matches are being made. If holyfield can win a heavyweight title, Ill say that boxing IS BACK!!!

So whats your favorite fight this year so far?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
lol haha man i dont know. As a spectacle, it would probably be the De La Hoya-Mayweather fight. But as a fight, hell i cant think right now. I know one thing for sure, it wont be Taylor-Spinks:laugh: Miranda-Pavlik would be up there, it was entertaining for how long it lasted.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
graham earl v micheal katsidis is fight of the year easily IMO.

2nd would be miranda v pavlik.

3rd would be zab v cotto.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i agree that was a good fight but no way it wins the foty award. names arent big enough. Ill second pavlik/miranda though. delahoya/mayweather may actually get the award just for the history and build up behind it, and it realy wanst a bad fight, i just watched it again this morning and wasnt bored at all.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
it dont matter if there names are big or not lance, it was showen on SKY sports and everyone saw it. this will guarentee its a top candidate for the award.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I dont know about fight of the year, but ko of the year so far has got to be darnell wilson knocking out nwodo in the 11th last night. did anybody else see that?

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Cotto-Judah & Pavlik-Miranda

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tommy, in all honesty, it does matter how big their names are, i mean look at the list of all foty. They all involve big names and i can list plenty of fights that were better that same year. Cotto judah was action packed and had more action than last nights affair but it was rather one sided as well. Nwodo vs wilson was back and forth and you never kenw the outcome, props for teddy on his call.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
TysonJones said:
tommy, in all honesty, it does matter how big their names are, i mean look at the list of all foty. They all involve big names and i can list plenty of fights that were better that same year. Cotto judah was action packed and had more action than last nights affair but it was rather one sided as well. Nwodo vs wilson was back and forth and you never kenw the outcome, props for teddy on his call.
Come on Lance. Atlas says that before almost every fight.:D

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
true true. but i meant teddy called the exact punch that would floor nwodo and it happened right after he said.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i didnt like spanglish or the one where he played a homeless guy or whatever but this looks like his kind of role. I absolutely loved click though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts