Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if there was a worldwide channel entitled Fight TV? Think about it. They could have many different disciplines of fighting (BOXING) and people would love it. Everyone loves to watch people fight. Hell, they could even have those streetfight videos that are so popular.

A channel devoted only to fighting would be so successful in my opinion. I have a lot more thought out on this issue, but right now I really don't feel like typing it all. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Yeh man that would be absolutely awesome. The whole world would get o see the best fights around. Here in the UK we dont get to see alot of the fights, so that would be especially good for us.

They could put some UFC on too i suppose, would attract some fans.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
an independent channel just wouldn't have the funds to get rights on boxing/MMA. it'd be great if a bill gates or that would would give it ago but you'd need absolute billions to do this.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They could start small and build. You don't have to shoot down my idea A-hole ;)

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
tommygunn said:
an independent channel just wouldn't have the funds to get rights on boxing/MMA. it'd be great if a bill gates or that would would give it ago but you'd need absolute billions to do this.
That is what I was thinking. You would have to get rights to a lot of fights because its not like baseball or basketball where they have games on almost every day. Most fights are only on weekends so you would have to run a lot of reruns.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not just talking boxing. They could have old fights on all the time in different kind of sports. They could televise fights from guys who are just beginning their professional career as well. I guarantee this would work simply because everyone loves watching people get beat up.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
showtime cost me 14.99 extra per month, and i only have it for the boxing and the little they actually do show. I would easily pay 20 dollars a month for a single channel like that. they could show classic fights all day long and they could build up upcoming fights by showing alot of their fights and, and show live ppv fights a week later like hbo. It would be a good investment foresomeone who has money. I dont think it would fail.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
im not knocking you for the idea shane...lol....it would be great if this did come around, im just pointing out the obvious though. :p

·
Registered
146 Posts
tommygunn said:
im not knocking you for the idea shane...lol....it would be great if this did come around, im just pointing out the obvious though. :p

Look at my post on the top of the page

It exists already

(In Canada at least)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
last summer, me and my family went on a cruise to alaska and to catch the ship we had to fly out to vancouver and i watched this fight channel for awhile, Its actually crap. I was in and otu of my hotel room for about a day straight, and i didnt see oen fight showed all day long, just alot of tlaking and crap, and it involved wrestling and ufc mostley, hardly any talk about BOXING in general.

·
Registered
146 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Its all good for Canadiens, but we want a world wide one!!

I am pretty sure that's the plan.

And as far as content goes that's a function of subscribers. money and availability.

During the free preview I had I saw a lot of boxing, including the great bouts like Ali and foreman and such

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right because the free preview is going to show you the best material. That crap isn't what I'm talking about.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
So basically it's a 24 hour boxing channel you guys want?

Unfortunately I dont think there's enough of an audience for that right now.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
thers not a big enough audience for it to be free no, but for it to cost, it sure has a big enough audience for that. Offer it in a sports package along with the speed channel and stuff like that and the occasional free weekend and it will eventually get represented. That canada fight tv is crap. If its not the free weekend, all they do is talk and show 1 fight a week and its a lousy fight from japan or something. Hell all they could talk about was how good their canadian prospects were and how they would destroy american elites. Were looking for a real fight channel , 24 hour boxing. a little chit chat and analysis is fine, but canada took it to far.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts