Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who gets your vote?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously, this is dependent upon how each guy's respective fight goes, but assuming each one wins, who is your choice for fighter of the year?

G

·
1. Pacquaio if he beats Oscar. Wins over Marquez, Diaz and De La Hoya
2. Pavlik if he beats Hopkins. Wins over Taylor, Lockett and Hopkins.
3. Margarito. Wins over Cintron and Cotto.
4. Calzaghe if he beats Jones. Wins over Hopkins and Jones.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with Manny. Yeah, Diaz was a soft touch to get his belt at 135, but beating De La Hoya combined with the fact that he got the nod against Marquez in their rematch is pretty tough to beat. Even though I had Marquez winning, it was close enough that it's tough to argue with all that much. Plus, he will have won fights in three divisions within a nine month time frame. How many guys have ever done that, I wonder?

G

·
I went with Manny. Yeah, Diaz was a soft touch to get his belt at 135, but beating De La Hoya combined with the fact that he got the nod against Marquez in their rematch is pretty tough to beat. Even though I had Marquez winning, it was close enough that it's tough to argue with all that much. Plus, he will have won fights in three divisions within a nine month time frame. How many guys have ever done that, I wonder?
My guess is zero. At least zero that had to fight champion calibur fighters.

G

·
If Pavlik defeats Bhop in any sort of convincing fashion, it goes to him end of discussion. Manny aint beating oscar.Calzaghe? get the **** with that nonsense.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Obviously, this is dependent upon how each guy's respective fight goes, but assuming each one wins, who is your choice for fighter of the year?
Neither, my fighter of the year is Antonio The Texas Tornado Margarito

·
8,579 Posts
If Pavlik wins, then him.
In that case Callam then should Hopkins win he'll be fighter of the year Right????????

·
Registered
123 Posts
If pacquiao loses by SD or close UD, i think he still deserves to be FOTY. Beat arguably one of the top 3 fighters in JMM, moved up in weight and won the WBC lightweight title on his first shot knocking out a guy who lacked skill but had a somewhat decent chin and moving up 17-25 pounds from his natural fighting weight to move up and fight a guy who has a 4 inch height advantage, half a foot in armlength and has been fighting at weighs above 147 for many years now.

·
8,579 Posts
I think Margarito, Bradley and Juanma Lopez should be in the poll.
Dang nobody spotted my goof up I called Tony the TEXAS tornado not the Tijuana ROFL

·
Registered
445 Posts
margarito needs to be in this pool. He beat two champs in cintron and cotto. One in which he was a heavy underdog(cotto).

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
It's a toss up between manny and pavlik.

Pavlik - Taylor, Uk dude, Most likely Hopkins

Manny - JMM ( champ ), David Diaz ( champ ), possibly Oscar.

Still to many variables right now to pick a winner, I'll let you know in january of 09 who it is.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.