Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of times you can tell when a fighter is mad in the ring aside from being the typical pissed off because, well, they are getting hit and fighting. But fighters will show when they are truly mad.

From what I've noticed these fighters did these things:

Marciano: His tongue would start to slip out. His brother Sonny has backed this up in interviews. In the picture of Marciano knocking Walcott out in the first fight, his tongue is peeking out. In the 2nd Walcott fight when his nose was split open, his tongue was out in most of the pictures of him, his tongue is peeking out.

Hagler: He hated your guts as soon as you signed to fight him. But you could tell he was really mad when he had a snarl on his face instead of the typical blank, hard stare.

Holmes: If you hit him with a good shot or even dropped him, he would become very hard to beat. He would be able to stand toe to toe with the best of 'em and slug it out for very long periods of time. The Snipes, Shavers, and the 9th round of the Witherspoon fight are good examples of this.

Ali: He would start a very long flurry of punches without letting off, although the punches weren't exactly very hard, he would make up for it in sheer numbers, angles, and speed. The Wepner and Lyle fights are good examples.

Frazier: He would start to lunge and body slam you. He would also become increasingly dirty. Basicaly, watch his fights with Ali.

Tyson: He will try to break your arm or bite you.

Hearns: His eyes would bulge a lot and he would start wildly swinging. The Hagler and Leonard fights shows this well.

Duran: Watch any of his fights and that his him mad.

Leonard: He would start to slug and do things he typically wouldn't do. Watch the Hearns and LaLonde fights for examples of this.

Zivic: He would start to thumb like no other. He would try to poke your eyes out. The Armstrong fight is a good example of this.

Mayweather: He will start to hurl money at you.

Cooney: He will hit you low.

Foreman: He will start hitting you on the hips and behind the head.

Lyle: He will start wildly swinging.

Roy "Tiger" Williams: Same as Lyle.

Shavers: He will start throwing right haymakers every other punches and will start to shove you against the ropes.

Saddler: He will literally start to street fight instead of box. The Pep fights are good examples of this.

Bowe: He hits you at the weigh in or press conference.

And for those who couldn't tell, I was joking about the Mayweather one. Those were the ones off of the top of my head.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
A lot of times you can tell when a fighter is mad in the ring aside from being the typical pissed off because, well, they are getting hit and fighting. But fighters will show when they are truly mad.

From what I've noticed these fighters did these things:

Marciano: His tongue would start to slip out. His brother Sonny has backed this up in interviews. In the picture of Marciano knocking Walcott out in the first fight, his tongue is peeking out. In the 2nd Walcott fight when his nose was split open, his tongue was out in most of the pictures of him, his tongue is peeking out.

Hagler: He hated your guts as soon as you signed to fight him. But you could tell he was really mad when he had a snarl on his face instead of the typical blank, hard stare.

Holmes: If you hit him with a good shot or even dropped him, he would become very hard to beat. He would be able to stand toe to toe with the best of 'em and slug it out for very long periods of time. The Snipes, Shavers, and the 9th round of the Witherspoon fight are good examples of this.

Ali: He would start a very long flurry of punches without letting off, although the punches weren't exactly very hard, he would make up for it in sheer numbers, angles, and speed. The Wepner and Lyle fights are good examples.

Frazier: He would start to lunge and body slam you. He would also become increasingly dirty. Basicaly, watch his fights with Ali.

Tyson: He will try to break your arm or bite you.

Hearns: His eyes would bulge a lot and he would start wildly swinging. The Hagler and Leonard fights shows this well.

Duran: Watch any of his fights and that his him mad.

Leonard: He would start to slug and do things he typically wouldn't do. Watch the Hearns and LaLonde fights for examples of this.

Zivic: He would start to thumb like no other. He would try to poke your eyes out. The Armstrong fight is a good example of this.

Mayweather: He will start to hurl money at you.

Cooney: He will hit you low.

Foreman: He will start hitting you on the hips and behind the head.

Lyle: He will start wildly swinging.

Roy "Tiger" Williams: Same as Lyle.

Shavers: He will start throwing right haymakers every other punches and will start to shove you against the ropes.

Saddler: He will literally start to street fight instead of box. The Pep fights are good examples of this.

Bowe: He hits you at the weigh in or press conference.

And for those who couldn't tell, I was joking about the Mayweather one. Those were the ones off of the top of my head.
Anything Mayorga does is mad :laugh::laugh: ;)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Vargas eats alot when hes mad.

TOney goes to burger king when hes mad and inbetween bites swears alot.
You could tell when PBF was mad He pouted, penned a tearful "retirement" letter then when that didnt garner him sympathy he played the race card

G

·
Hatton runs into punches and ring posts when hes mad.

Manny Steward tells the world andy lee is the greatest of all time when andy lee is mad.

Floyd retires when hes mad.

Oscar kinda grinds his teeth in a gay way when he tries to look mad, but he really cant pull Mad off.

Tarver gets crack pipe out when hes mad.

Wlad runs and hides when hes mad and slaps away punches.

Amir Khan gets exposed by washed up fighters or bums when hes mad.

Calzaghe threatens his ex wife when hes mad and gets his dumb stupid ass arrested when hes mad( which was actually a more meaningful fight than half his ones in the ring)

RJJ juices when hes mad.

God only fukking knows what tyson does next when hes mad.

Evander prays when hes mad.

All above are jokes so please dont anyone take offence, except for what i said about calzaghe and khan and andy lee :laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another Holmes one: He jumps over cars and kicks you in the face.

Sonny Liston: Breaks your legs

James Butler: Kills you.

Oliver McCall: Cries like a baby.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
When CJ is mad he...oh wait this thread is about fighters.
I very rarely get mad balistik I'm on the forum to relax not fight and insult. Some members make me laugh how mad they get though

1 - 20 of 31 Posts