Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
windowguy said:
Does anyone have accurate pay per view numbers for the fight?
welcome back window. :)

ive been trying to get that info myself mate but ive heard nothing solid yet.

its been mensioned there was 500,000 buys in the uk but ive been hearing figures between 1.5m and 2.5m from your end.

im guessing its nowhere near 2.5m though. :dunno:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't imagine it is even close to that. Floyd can't give tickets away here in the states. I do know that Hatton had a allot of fans watching. I hope the numbers show us who bought the fight. what country that is. and thanks by the way I been busy and one gets tired of the nut huggers around here you know who they are.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
windowguy said:
I can't imagine it is even close to that. Floyd can't give tickets away here in the states. I do know that Hatton had a allot of fans watching. I hope the numbers show us who bought the fight. what country that is. and thanks by the way I been busy and one gets tired of the nut huggers around here you know who they are.
LOL

keep the good fight up window...lol...2.5m is absurd the delahoya fight didn't even do that.

id be inclined to say around 1.2m in the USA, just a guess of course.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
floyds big box office after that performance.

hatton has a very good fanbase in the US to though guys.

·
Registered
540 Posts
TommyGunn said:
welcome back window. :)

ive been trying to get that info myself mate but ive heard nothing solid yet.

its been mensioned there was 500,000 buys in the uk but ive been hearing figures between 1.5m and 2.5m from your end.

im guessing its nowhere near 2.5m though. :dunno:
lol im pleased i never went Pay Per View & i watched from satellite lol.there are other ways;)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So if the fight had over 500k buys in the uk and lets say another 200k in the rest of the world the assuming that it sold 1.4 mil only 700k were sold in the U.S and out of that how many were hoping to watch Floyd get beat?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
It doesnt matter, love and hate is what makes a fighter popular and thats the draw. no one has ever stated that fans loved floyd mayweather and thats why they watched him. But his fans are the ones that love to hate him, although i think its considerbly less now, floyd is most hated on in the sport of boxing. But he is a draw. More than any boxer in the sport fight now. It'll always take another boxer to break records, floyd will never do 2 million on his own, but neither will oscar delahoya or mike tyson. It takes another superstar to have a super mega bout. 1.4 million buys is 1.4 million buys however you look at it. Their all fans of boxing, and they either love or hate floyd mayweather, thast why he's popular.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
TysonJones said:
It doesnt matter, love and hate is what makes a fighter popular and thats the draw. no one has ever stated that fans loved floyd mayweather and thats why they watched him. But his fans are the ones that love to hate him, although i think its considerbly less now, floyd is most hated on in the sport of boxing. But he is a draw. More than any boxer in the sport fight now. It'll always take another boxer to break records, floyd will never do 2 million on his own, but neither will oscar delahoya or mike tyson. It takes another superstar to have a super mega bout. 1.4 million buys is 1.4 million buys however you look at it. Their all fans of boxing, and they either love or hate floyd mayweather, thast why he's popular.
Well said tysonjones and Floyd is the face and attraction of boxing whether liked or not. He's certainly made regular fans where im from stand up and take notice - some even saying they have always liked him which I know is bullshit!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Haha ultima, 350,000 buys was for mosley/cotto, quite disappointing but still solid numbers. Vargas/Mayorga did a good 500k. Floyd vs Hatton did supposabley over 2 million world wide and around 1.5 million in the US. I suppose cotto vs floyd would do around a million ppv buys. Its amazing how in just a few fights floyd is a record breaking ppv man just like he alwasy said he would be.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts