Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently an amateur boxer but want to turn pro, where do I look for a good manager and how does the manager get you the title fights?

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I'm currently an amateur boxer but want to turn pro, where do I look for a good manager and how does the manager get you the title fights?
Only advice I can think of is check the internet for sports managing, and hopefully you'll eventually be refer to the right person and another thing, the Manager can only do so much, it all depends how good and how comitted you are to the sport, the better the product the easier the marketing, you know what I mean?...good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
I live in Columbus, OH and the boxing scene here is pretty dreadful. There just isn't enough fights (maybe 2 productions a year) for an up and coming guy to build a reputation and fan base.

Do you train with any pros? I know that if I was going to go pro, I would ask Mike Alexander who his manager is. He has fought Chazz Witherspoon, been to Germany, and I heard he was recently asked to be on The Contender. It seems his manager is doing pretty good for him.

Start saving money! You may have to pay for your opponents or even purchase 100 tickets for your fight that you may not be able to sell.

Hopefully you are in an area where boxing is still popular. That should make it easier. Don't forget me when you are rich and famous. I spar for $1000 a round!:D

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
you defenetly have to go where there's a hot bed of fighters, like vegas, find a gym, find a job, star whooping some ass, and if your any good the managers will be drawn to you, they'll come looking for you, so go over there and open up a can of whoop ass...if your comfident in your abilities to have to chase the dream, it wont come to you ....:laugh:

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
visit every gym in your area watch the fighters those that you think you can compete with, offer to spar with them. Kick some ass but be wise about it dont showboat. If you've got it someone will take notice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts