Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my first fight i win by decicision. the last 5 secs of the fight are cut off you'll see me hit him with a right then it cuts off but after i hit him with that right i hit him with a left uppercut then he went on the ropes then the bell rang. it was 3-1 minute rounds becuase there was so many bouts they made it 1 min instead of 2 so it wasnt as technical as i woulda liked it to be. I was trying to fight on the outside becuase thats where im best at but the kid kept rushing me and fighting on the inside. please lemme know how i did. it also takes a second for it to start becuase not all the judge's were there when it was sopposed to start so just give it about 15 secs then it starts. please tell me how i did.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...79937415&hl=en

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i thought you showed good heart and composure in the first round after being put under presure early, id advise you not to throw as much against someone who's fireing like that early and concentrate more on tying them up and jabing them after being seperated and told to box.

obviously it your first bout but the jab was nonexcistant, ive been there myself and all i can advise you is a good stiff jab hitting someone 20-30 times a round is better than landing 4 or 5 hooks from about 50 flung.

i thought you defo won the fight after losing the first round, and i congratulate you on that, stick at it to your punches look very stiff and compact.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
First thing id say is try to keep the left hand up as much as possible, also try and develop the jab and use it. After establishing a good jab you can bring in those 1-2 combos and some good uppercuts that you were throwing. He seemed to drag you into his kind of fight, just work behind the jab and fight at your pace.

Very good for a first fight though, keep training hard:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Pretty good for a first fight. He was open for jabs, so you should have threw your jab more. And like Tommy said, 20-30 stiff jabs a round is better than 4-5 hooks out of 50. Jabs cause damage after a while. Holmes is the perfect example. You hit them enough with it, they are nervous when they come in.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I thought you did very well actually. In amateur bouts they are looking for good fundamentals, and combination punching. I think that when you only have (3) 1 minute rounds they can be a little more crude. The opponent was just rushing in and throwing wild, flailing punches. You were obviously the more technically sound boxer in that match, and I thought you easily won the fight. I'm not sure what the other guys were seeing, but I thought you landed the jab followed by a quick right hand on MANY occasions during that fight. You caught him clean with the sneaky right a few times as well. Its hard to stay at a distance and land 20 jabs a round as suggested when the ring size is very small and when your opponent just rushes in and crowds. I saw you stepping back and firing 1/2's, and catching him with straight rights as well. Your defense was "ok" but you do need to keep that left up. Also, work on your movement side to side. When an opponent likes to rush at you, you'll need to be able to step and move to the side instead of just straight back. Overall, theres a whole lot more good than bad to be taken fom this fight. I think you did a hell of a job for your first fight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts