Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really love watching boxing live. I will be attending this weekend Oscar fight. And it got me thinking the first time I saw a fight live. I was about 9 or 10 when I went with my dad and uncle to watch Oscar De La Hoya fight Miguel Angel Gonzalez. It was great. I was wondering what was everybody first fight they saw live?

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Acelino Freitas against a bum I dont even remember the name.. it was a 1st round knockout, nothing but the expected. So it was good while it lasted... not a big deal at all

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Terry Norris-Derrick Kelly at the Great Western Forum. I was like 8 years old i think. I use to see a lot of great fights at the Great Western Forum. Best fight I ever saw live was Marco Antonio Barrera-Kennedy McKinney at the Great Western Forum. That's followed by the recent Rafael Marquez-Israel Vazquez 3.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My first boxing event was the Mike Tyson exibition held about 2 years ago. My first "real" championship boxing event was Taylor/Pavlik I. I think Taylor/pavlik was the first sporting event I've ever went to where I had lost my voice from cheering too much.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
My first boxing event was the Mike Tyson exibition held about 2 years ago. My first "real" championship boxing event was Taylor/Pavlik I. I think Taylor/pavlik was the first sporting event I've ever went to where I had lost my voice from cheering too much.
That is awesome man! I lost my voice at every fight I've been to.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
man I'm hooked from now on. there hands down the best events to be to live when you're watching the right match-ups. I think i'm going to make going to fights more of a regular occurance from now on now that i'm a little older.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
My first fight was Gary Jacobs vs Alessandro Duran.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Me and Violent saw Oscar De La Hoya-Shane Mosley 1 at the Staple Center. The was my first live fight ever. It was great
Oh don't remind me. I was suppose to go to that fight. But my lame sister decided to get married that weekend. I was so mad. My family couldn't believe that a 14 year old girl wanted to go to a fight so bad. But I did

·
Registered
661 Posts
first pro fight was Naseem Hamed's ninth fight against a punchbag named Chris Clarkson. KO round 2 as far as I remember.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
It is sad. There are a few local matches around here once in a while but nothing to pay 40 bucks to see. I was about to pay $500 when Tyson was fighting at the MCI center but didnt end up going.

G

·
We're not exactly blessed with great fights here. My first fight was Damien Kelly V Keith Knox for Commonwealth and British Flyweight Titles - Kelly was clearly leading on points until the fight was stopped due to cuts in R6. **** way to suffer your first defeat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts