Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have wanted to box for two years now, but I never followed up on it, until recently when I contacted a local facility.

I am 22 years old, 6'4" and weigh 210, I havent been active for years and have smoked for the last 4 years as well.

My goals are to shed my excess body fat, build my endurance as well as my strength and coordination. Just looking to see if I stand a chance to last beyond a week or two of training...am I going to die?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Of it doesent hurt it doesent work - and trust me, boxing works. It will take about three monthes however to recover from the smoking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I am new too. I was wanting to get into boxing for the workout. I am a female and was wondering if any of you know if there are any boxing facilities in AR for women, I cant seem to find any, and would love to find one. i run everyday at least 4 miles each day and one long run a week, like 7 or 8 miles and was just wanting to try boxing for the workout.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome back..

Good for you DD! I boxed as a kid and then never did anything with the sport again until I was 35! While I stayed in shape by lifting and running, I had forgotten how much work boxing was. However, once I was back it was great.

You'll feel like you're going to die but in about a week or so, if you are really working and doing cardio on the side, you'll be fine.

Welcome back to the only sport that truly tests your will to succeed!!

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Runner 7 - I hope you find a facility. I'm a female also and started training 3 weeks ago. After running for years I feel like I found the sport I've been waiting for my whole life. I found my facility just by googling "boxing my town". I was fortunate to find a trainer willing to take on new clients. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks yeah i hope i find one too. i've been running for about 2 years now and just wanted something else to add to my work out and it sounds fun to me, well thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts